Unibet Predictions:: Peru – Venezuela Predictions and Tips | WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP – QUALIFICATION
Unibet Predictions: Peru – Venezuela Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, November 22, 2023.
Kick-off: 03:00 (GMT+1)
WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 6
EVENT: Peru – Venezuela
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.62@Unibet | Result: 1:1 WIN!!!
Peru – Venezuela Predictions and Preview
- Peru remain wedged to the bottom of the South American World Cup Qualification (WCQ) standings with no goals and one point from a scoreless draw with Paraguay. But the expansion of qualification slots for the 48-team 2026 edition means they start the sixth of 18 rounds just four points adrift, giving them plenty of time to recover. They do need to address their scoring woes, though, failing to find the net in seven of their last nine matches. It leaves coach Juan Reynoso wondering how to lift his forwards as they look to reignite their bid for a second World Cup finals qualification since 1986.
- At least the defensive unit has managed to minimise the damage by not conceding more than two goals in a WCQ match during this cycle. On a positive note, four wins from their last seven home WCQs (D1, L2) – with both losses coming against continental giants Brazil and Argentina – suggest Peru can still be a tough cookie at home.
- As they again aim to erase the painstakingly dire record of being the only CONMEBOL side to have never qualified for the FIFA World Cup, Venezuela started this qualification campaign in the right mode. With only one defeat across their five matches in this cycle (W2, D2), the visitors are in a handy fourth place. A win here will keep their qualification hopes alive, although that would need them to break a seven-game winless H2H run (D3, L4).
- The major hindrance for Fernando Batista’s men has often been finding form on the road, where they have traditionally struggled. Indeed, ten defeats across their last 11 away WCQs (D1) suggest the visitors could still fail to translate their overall form into a maiden qualifying away win over Peru (D2, L7).
- Players to watch: A goal from Paolo Guerrero could change things, as his five goals against Venezuela helped Peru avoid defeat (W1, D2), including two 2-2 draws in WCQs. Yeferson Soteldo could end up playing a key role in breaking Venezuela’s away H2H duck as he contributed twice (G1, A1) in their last win.
- Hot stat: Eight of Peru’s last ten home WCQs saw at least one side fail to score.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY
Unibet Predictions:: St. Gallen - Yverdon Predictions and Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Kaiserslautern - Nurnberg Predictions and Tips | DFB POKAL