Unibet Predictions:: Chelsea – Sheffield Utd Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions: Chelsea – Sheffield Utd Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, December 16, 2023.
Kick-off: 16:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 17
EVENT: Chelsea – Sheffield Utd
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.52@Unibet | Result: 2:0 LOST
Chelsea – Sheffield Utd Predictions and Preview
- Following a run of just one win from five Premier League (PL) games, Chelsea find themselves sitting closer to the relegation zone than the top four by way of points. A 2-0 defeat against Everton last weekend was certainly a chastening experience for the Blues, after which boss Mauricio Pochettino admitted he was “really disappointed”, not only because his side were again on the losing side, but because Reece James limped off with yet another injury.
- James is the latest big name in the overflowing Chelsea treatment room, which leaves them short of defensive options ahead of the visit of Sheffield United. That’s certainly not timely ahead of a return to Stamford Bridge, not least because the Blues have kept just one clean sheet in their last 12 home PL games (W2, D5, L5) and conceded at least twice in each of their last four.
- The reappointment of Chris Wilder had the desired effect last weekend for Sheffield United, who beat Brentford 1-0 to secure just their second PL win of the season. Although it wasn’t enough to move them off the foot of the table, it was certainly a boost for the players and fans alike, but a grounded Wilder refused to get carried away in the aftermath, acknowledging that there was still a long way to go in their survival bid.
- Those certainly seem wise words ahead of their visit to west London, where the Blades go in search of their first away league win of the season. They’re the only PL side yet to triumph on the road this term (D1, L6), and if they’re to end that drought here, they’ll have win on Chelsea soil for the first time since May 1994.
- Players to watch: Enzo Fernández netted a brace in Chelsea’s last PL home game, and his two scoring appearances for the club this term both saw him score the game’s last goal. Sheffield United’s James McAtee scored what was ultimately the winner against Brentford, his fourth decisive goal from his last five Blades scoring appearances.
- Hot stat: Yorkshire teams are winless in their last 19 PL away games against Chelsea since Leeds United’s 2-0 win in December 1999 (D4, L15).