Match Preview: Alaves 1-2 Villarreal (LaLiga) on January 25, 2020 | Free Betting Tips
Free Betting Tips: Alaves – Villarreal
Free Daily Betting Tips for Today, January 25.
Kick-off: 18:30 (GMT+1)
SPAIN: LaLiga – Round 21
EVENT: Alaves – Villarreal
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38@1xbet | Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
- Deportivo Alavés are enduring the worst run of their La Liga (LL) home campaign, failing to win any of their last three matches (D2, L1) despite scoring in all three. Having won or drawn just 35.71% of matches as an outsider, they appear short of upsets at this stage of the competition.
- However, with the half-time result replicated at the final whistle in just two of their last seven LL home games, a surprise in their favour (or against them) could be on the way. A strong +5 goal-difference after the 75th minute at home (GF 5, GA 0) provides a further competitive edge.
- So far this campaign, Villarreal have gone on to lose 40% of the five away games (W3, L2) in which they scored first. However, they will be buoyed by a turnaround in form, collecting back-to-back away wins for the first time this LL season, with match winning goals after the 70th minute.
- Regardless, Villarreal will be all too aware of the threat posed by their opponents’ strong finishes at home, especially having conceded goals in the final 15 minutes in two of their last three meetings with Alavés to lose. Furthermore, they have won just two second halves on the road this season (2H: W2, D4, L4).
- Players to watch: Only in two of his last seven LL appearances at home has Lucas Pérez (ALA) failed to score.
- Villarreal’s leading league goalscorer, Gerard Moreno, has scored in two of his last three meetings with Alavés.
- Stat attack: Alavés have collected more yellow cards at home (3.60 per game) than any other LL club this season.
- After 20 weeks, Villarreal remain one of just three teams to have not had a single player sent off this LL season.
- Villarreal have won the ‘race to three corners’ in just 15% (three) of their league fixtures this season.