Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Sunderland – Ipswich Predictions | CHAMPIONSHIP
Unibet Predictions: Sunderland – Ipswich Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, August 6, 2023.
Kick-off: 17:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 1
EVENT: Sunderland – Ipswich
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33@Unibet | Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
Sunderland – Ipswich Predictions and Preview
- The opening round of the 2023/24 Championship comes to a close at the Stadium of Light as Sunderland look to build on last season’s incredible sixth-placed finish in their first campaign back at this level. There have been wholesale changes at the club since their play-off heartache, with the captures of midfield pair Jobe Bellingham and Bradley Dack, amongst others, bolstering the ranks ahead of their fresh promotion push.
- Typically solid at home, the Black Cats ended last season with a run of six-straight unbeaten Championship home games (W2, D4), despite failing to keep any clean sheets therein. One aim for this season may be to improve on the homefront then, as they kept a joint-fourth worst six clean sheets here last season and were one of just seven sides to pick up fewer points at home (30) than away (39).
- Providing the opposition is Championship new boys Ipswich, a side who will hope to better Sunderland’s exploits as a new side last season. Despite their newbie status, the US-backed Tractor Boys have their ambitions set beyond simply surviving, with owner Ed Schwartz describing their promotion from League One as “just the start of an incredible journey”.
- Ipswich will also have a new look side to take into the season and with their investment, it comes as little surprise that some are chalking them up as the next favourites for promotion outside of the three relegated sides and Middlesbrough. Unlike their shirt sponsor Ed Sheeran, Ipswich don’t often get the shivers at the start of a campaign, with a run of nine consecutive unbeaten league openers perhaps providing coincidental confidence (W5, D4).
- Players to watch: With Amad Diallo’s departure, Sunderland will hope Dack can hit the ground running by building on his seven 2022/23 goals with a second strike in his third game against Ipswich. After hitting 26 league goals on the path to promotion last season, Ipswich’s Conor Chaplin will hope to repay the faith the club has shown by extending his contract to 2026 with an opening day goal.
- Hot streak: Sunderland haven’t lost an opening day league game since they were relegated from the Premier League (W2, D4).