Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Sporting CP – Juventus Predictions | EUROPA LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions: Sporting CP – Juventus Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, April 20, 2023.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
EUROPA LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – QUARTER-FINALS
EVENT: Sporting CP – Juventus
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38@Unibet | Result: 1:1 WIN!!!
Sporting CP – Juventus Predictions and Preview
- Sporting Lisbon lost 1-0 in their first leg of the UEFA Europa League (UEL) quarter-finals, where the breathing difficulties of Juventus ‘keeper Wojciech Szczęsny grabbed the headlines. This tie is far from over as the discontinuation of the away goals rule gives the hosts a chance to reach the UEL semis for only the second time ever, with coach Rúben Amorim reassuring fans that “the margin is so slim and we must have faith” after the loss in Turin.
- A much-changed Sporting side drew 1-1 in their league match with Arouca on Sunday, losing ground on European qualification which makes progression from this tie vital. Yet, with the Lions having failed to win at Estádio José Alvalade across their last four European home matches (D2, L2) and having lost each of the last six two-legged ties with Italian clubs, home fans may not be bullish.
- Juventus also lost ground in their push for the European spots after falling 1-0 to Sassuolo on Sunday ahead of a troika of key matches in three different competitions (UEL, Serie A and Coppa Italia) that could decide where their season is heading. They should be confident after the first leg win made it four consecutive European victories with a clean sheet for the first time since the 2016/17 Champions League campaign, but coach Massimiliano Allegri identified “a few mistakes” and some areas where “the lads can improve” following that leg.
- The Old Lady need those improvements to stabilise their away form that has landed three losses across five competitive trips (W2) including two in a row. Four of those results have come by a single-goal margin, which means another tight game can’t be ruled out.
- Players to watch: Sporting manager Amorim refused to blame his ‘keeper Antonio Adán for the first leg defeat but the result made it five goals conceded from two H2Hs for Adán. He could once again be tested by Dušan Vlahović, whose last two UEL goal involvements (G1, A1) have come in away Juve wins.
- Hot stat: Juventus have scored first in nine of their last 12 away UEL games, going on to win seven.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Brentford - Chelsea Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Celta Vigo - Almeria Predictions and Tips | LALIGA
Unibet Predictions:: Wolves - Brighton Predictions and Tips | FA CUP
Unibet Predictions:: Ludogorets - CSKA 1948 Sofia Predictions and Tips | BULGARIAN CUP