Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Reims – Lorient Predictions | LIGUE 1
Unibet Predictions: Reims – Lorient Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, February 1, 2023.
Kick-off: 19:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 21
EVENT: Reims – Lorient
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33@1xbet | Result: 4:2 LOST
Reims – Lorient Predictions and Preview
- Has there been a stroke of genius quite like Reims’ mid-season change of manager? Will Still, a self-proclaimed ‘Football Manager’ addict, would have done well to steer his new side to a “magical” 1-1 draw away to PSG on a computer game, let alone replicate the 12-game unbeaten run to start his career as a top-flight manager (W6, D6) which coincidentally began with a scoreless draw away to upcoming opponent Lorient.
- Reims became just the second Ligue 1 side this season to take points from PSG at Parc des Princes, encapsulating the magical turnaround in form that has seen them join Lens as one of just two clubs undefeated in league football since Still’s appointment. With three of their four league wins in that period being earned at home, this match appears an outstanding opportunity to possibly jump into the top half of the standings.
- No Terem Moffi? No problems! For the first time since his arrival at the club, Lorient were able to graft out a league win in the absence of their most prolific scorer of 2022/23 (D1, L2 from three previous attempts). After their 2-1 victory at home to Rennes – the first time in 11 league games they were able to lead at the end of both halves – Lorient’s dreams of European football for the first time in 20 years were resuscitated with what is their greatest 20-game start to a top-flight season in that time (W10, D5, L5).
- Manager Régis Le Bris was delighted that his side were able to not only win a league game at home for the first time since October, but to also stand up and deliver in a Breton derby. Given they had collected five of their last six league points on the road prior to that result, confidence should be amplified that they can take at least a point from Reims for a fourth consecutive competitive meeting here (W2, D1).
- Players to watch: Folarin Balogun, Reims’ hero away to PSG on the weekend, has opened the scoring in all three of their home Ligue 1 wins this season. Enzo Le Fée, who assisted the opening goal against Rennes, has scored in two Lorient away wins this league season.
- Hot stat: Lorient have won an outstanding 50% of Ligue 1 games as pre-match outsiders this season (W7, D4, L3), more than double the league average for 2022/23.