Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Newcastle – Dortmund Predictions | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions: Newcastle – Dortmund Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, October 25, 2023.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 3
EVENT: Newcastle – Dortmund
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44@Unibet | Result: 0:1 WIN!!!
Newcastle – Dortmund Predictions and Preview
- It’s now well over a month since Newcastle United last tasted defeat (W6, D2) following Saturday’s 4-0 Premier League demolition of Crystal Palace. That was their first home game since beating Paris Saint-Germain 4-1 on a memorable UEFA Champions League (UCL) night at St James’ Park and another beckons here against Borussia Dortmund as they bid to remain unbeaten in the very competitive Group F (W1, D1).
- That goal PSG scored against them is the only one that the Magpies have conceded here across their last five competitive fixtures, all of which they won, so they’ll be seeking to lay the foundations for victory with another strong defensive performance. Repeating 3-1 triumphs here against 1860 Munich in the 2001 Intertoto Cup and Bayer Leverkusen in the UCL one season later would certainly fit the bill as they welcome German opposition once again.
- Like their hosts, Dortmund are unbeaten in more than a month (W4, D1) after beating Werder Bremen 1-0 on Friday to remain among the early Bundesliga pace-setters. By contrast, they sit at the bottom of Group F having not yet won in the UCL this term (D1, L1), so it seems important that they get something out of this fixture between two sides who have never previously met if they want to progress to the knockout stages.
- Although the German outfit have plenty of experience of playing in the UK, Edin Terzić’s side may not be relishing this trip as they’ve lost their last six European away games against English opponents, conceding at least twice on each occasion! Another concern is that the 1996/97 UCL winners have won just one of their last seven UCL away games anywhere (D1, L5).
- Players to watch: Sean Longstaff netted between the 40th and 50th minute of both of Newcastle’s last two home fixtures to make the scoreline 3-0. Julian Brandt could threaten just after that, as he scored between the 50th and 70th minute in both of Dortmund’s last two fixtures, the latest of which was his 300th Bundesliga appearance.
- Hot streak: Newcastle are unbeaten in 15 home UEFA competition matches (W10, D5).