Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Nantes – Monaco Predictions | LIGUE 1
Unibet Predictions: Nantes – Monaco Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, August 25, 2023.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 3
EVENT: Nantes – Monaco
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.68@Unibet | Result: 3:3 WIN!!!
Nantes – Monaco Predictions and Preview
- After narrowly avoiding relegation by just a single point last season, Nantes seem to be heading for another challenging season after suffering a second Ligue 1 defeat in as many outings, losing 2-0 against Lille last Sunday. Coach Pierre Aristouy bemoaned his team’s “lack of conviction” after the game, and that should come as no surprise given that the Canaries have scored just once from 23 shots so far this term.
- Securing a positive result here would relieve some of the mounting pressure on Aristouy, who runs the risk of becoming the 13th coach to be dismissed in Ligue 1 since the beginning of 2022/23 if results don’t improve. Now looking to avoid losing their opening three top-flight games for the first time since 1997/98, a meeting with Monaco hardly inspires confidence considering Nantes have won just one of the previous 11 home Ligue 1 H2Hs (D4, L6).
- Visiting Monaco are on a completely opposite trajectory, as after a convincing 3-0 victory against Strasbourg last weekend, they are one of two Ligue 1 clubs that proudly boast a 100% record after two matchdays. Despite the departure of centre-back Axel Disasi to Chelsea this summer, coach Adi Hütter praised his team’s “flawless” defence after the game, as they ended a four-game wait for a clean sheet.
- If there’s one trait Hütter will want the Monégasques to hold onto from last season, it’s their away form, having won more points on the road (35) than at home (30). Unsurprising odds-on favourites here, they may be primed to stretch their current 18-game unbeaten run as an away favourite in the league (W13, D5), dating back to early 2022.
- Players to watch: Nantes’ Douglas Augusto will be looking to have his usual late impact, as he scored his previous ten goals in the second half. After his brace for Monaco last weekend, Takumi Minamino has led his team to a win in his last ten goalscoring appearances.
- Hot stat: The last five H2Hs have averaged 1.6 goals in the opening 30 minutes.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY
Unibet Predictions:: St. Gallen - Yverdon Predictions and Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Kaiserslautern - Nurnberg Predictions and Tips | DFB POKAL