Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Middlesbrough – Millwall Predictions | CHAMPIONSHIP
Unibet Predictions: Middlesbrough – Millwall Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, August 5, 2023.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 1
EVENT: Middlesbrough – Millwall
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30@Unibet | Result: 0:1 LOST
Middlesbrough – Millwall Predictions and Preview
- At long last, Championship football returns to the Riverside Stadium, and with the wounds of Middlesbrough’s play-off semi-final defeat of last season slowly healing, they’ll look to lay those ghosts to rest at the dawn of a new campaign. Much has changed on Teesside since, with a host of new signings replacing the departed loan contingent including new goalkeeper Seny Dieng, the pacey Sammy Silvera, and the young forward Morgan Rogers.
- It’s just as well that Boro have got the bulk of their business done early as last season’s Championship top-scorer Chuba Akpom (G28) looks set to miss the start of the season through injury. Even so, promotion is once again the aim, and with Michael Carrick overseeing a rise from 21st to 4th since his October 2022 appointment, there is cautious optimism that with a full pre-season under his belt, Boro can be serious contenders.
- It was another case of close, but no cigar for the nearly-men of Millwall last season as they finished just one point outside of the play-off spots. That was their fourth straight season in the top half of the league and a play-off spot will once again be the goal, despite having had a rather subdued transfer window with just a handful of incomings so far. The capture of Kevin Nisbet from Hibernian should boost hopes at least after his prolific pre-season (G5).
- Often starting their campaigns on solid footing, Millwall are seeking a sixth consecutive unbeaten Championship opening day game (W2, D3) after keeping clean sheets in three of their last four. Maintaining that strong streak may be easier said than done on Teesside, given the Lions last victory here came way back in 2014 (D3, L4).
- Players to watch: This could be a huge season for Middlesbrough’s hottest midfield prospect Hayden Hackney, the 21-year-old local lad follows the legendary Grant Leadbitter and George Boateng in wearing the iconic no.7 shirt. With the future of Zian Flemming in the air, Millwall may rely on Tom Bradshaw for a scoring outlet, he bagged their final pre-season goal and hit a brace in their final league victory last season.
- Hot streak: Middlesbrough are winless in all six Championship opening-day games since they were last relegated (D4, L2).