Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Malta – Italy Predictions | EURO – QUALIFICATION
Unibet Predictions: Malta – Italy Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, March 26, 2023.
Kick-off: 19:45 (GMT+1)
EURO – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 2
EVENT: Malta – Italy
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.46@Unibet | Result: 0:2 LOST
Malta – Italy Predictions and Preview
- After 2-1 defeats to start their Euro 2024 Group C qualifying campaigns, Malta and Italy are stuck to the bottom of standings ahead of closing the March leg of internationals. The tiny island nation took over 80 minutes for their first attempt on target against North Macedonia on Thursday, and the 159-place gulf in the world rankings with Italy could mean the hosts are swimming against the tide to avoid an 11th straight loss in Euro qualifiers.
- It wasn’t the start new manager Michele Marcolini was hoping for, but holding the fort for 60 minutes was one of the positives. Although they have never beaten their illustrious visitors (L8) including four losses in Euro qualifiers without scoring, six of those defeats have been by a margin of two or fewer goals and a repeat may not be a damning result for Malta.
- Italy wouldn’t mind a win of any magnitude after failing to make home advantage pay against England, in a result which marked their first H2H loss on their own turf since 1961 and a first home Euro qualifier defeat since 1999. Although they still remain favourites to finish in the top-two in the group, they can’t take things lightly and land consecutive losses in Euro qualifiers, something that hasn’t happened since November 1983 – a few months before current manager Roberto Mancini’s senior playing debut for the national team.
- Combined with a 2-0 friendly defeat to Austria they now stand to lose three games in a row for the first time in more than a decade but Mancini saw “a great Italian team in the second half” against England. The confidence will be further boosted by an unbeaten run on the road in Euro qualifiers since September 2006 (W16, D4), including six straight wins potentially giving them ammunition to avoid an upset.
- Players to watch: Yankam Yannick netted on his international debut against North Macedonia, and he’s now found the net in consecutive competitive games. Mancini likened Mateo Retegui to legendary Argentine striker Gabriel Batistuta and he didn’t disappoint, scoring on his international debut for his 12th goal in the last 13 matches for club and country.
- Hot stat: Italy have scored first in each of their last eight H2Hs.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Verona - Atalanta Predictions | SERIE A
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Caernarfon - TNS Predictions | CYMRU PREMIER
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Sarmiento Junin - Belgrano Predictions | COPA DE LA LIGA PROFESIONAL
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Arsenal - Tottenham Predictions | PREMIER LEAGUE