Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Girona – Almeria Predictions | LALIGA
Unibet Predictions: Girona – Almeria Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, February 17, 2023.
Kick-off: 21:00 (GMT+1)
SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 22
EVENT: Girona – Almeria
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33@Unibet | Result: 6:2 LOST
Girona – Almeria Predictions and Preview
- Girona manager Míchel declared himself “very worried” ahead of their La Liga (LL) match at Cádiz due to the congestion in the bottom half of the standings, so one can only imagine the stress he is experiencing after the 2-0 loss at the weekend left the club just four points above the relegation zone, as their mid-table 11th position belies the precarious position they find themselves in.
- It may therefore not be an exaggeration to assume this home clash with Almería could be crucial in their fight for survival, particularly with much tougher matches against Athletic Bilbao, Atlético Madrid and Rayo Vallecano ahead in their next five LL fixtures. Míchel will already be all too aware of Almería’s threat after losing the reverse H2H 3-2 but Girona are a decent home outfit after gaining 18 of their 24 points at Estadio Municipal de Montilivi, including one defeat in their last seven league games (W3, D3). A lengthy absentee list threatens that home record, with defender Miguel Gutiérrez the latest sidelined player after accumulating his fifth yellow card last round.
- Almería are in a delicate position where they could provisionally move above Girona into 11th place with victory or possibly complete the round in the relegation zone should they lose, further highlighting the high stakes of meetings between bottom-half clubs at the moment. Manager Rubi has vowed to continue producing the entertaining brand of football that has consequently seen them keep just one clean sheet this LL season.
- Key to their fortunes come season’s end will likely be an improvement in travelling form, as the newcomers cannot even boast a better away record (W0, D3, L7) than rock bottom Elche this LL season. Considering that the three draws all came against clubs beneath them in the standings, a trip to Girona appears quite a difficult obstacle to overcome.
- Players to watch: Returning forward Cristhian Stuani was Girona’s second goalscorer in the reverse H2H, whilst the opening goal scorer on that day, Almería’s Léo Baptistão, is also back from a yellow card suspension and has not lost any of his last 18 competitive outings for any club when scoring (W13, D5).
- Hot stat: All but one of Rubi’s 11 personal H2H encounters with Girona produced a winner (W5, L5), as did six of his seven duels with counterpart Míchel (W4, L2).