Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Germany W – Morocco W Predictions | WORLD CUP WOMEN
Unibet Predictions: Germany W – Morocco W Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, July 24, 2023.
Kick-off: 09:30 (GMT+1)
WORLD CUP WOMEN – ROUND 1
EVENT: Germany W – Morocco W
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.53@Unibet | Result: 6:0 WIN!!!
Germany W – Morocco W Predictions and Preview
- Very few matches in this FIFA Women’s World Cup (WWC) will personify the tale of David and Goliath quite like the opener to Group H, as FIFA’s second-ranked team Germany take on the tournament’s second-lowest ranked side in 72nd-placed Morocco. The disparity on the international stage truly couldn’t be more apparent, as come kick-off Germany would’ve featured in every edition of the WWC, while Morocco are making their debut on football’s biggest stage.
- Germany carry huge pedigree with them on this stage, winning back-to-back WWC titles in 2003 and 2007. It’s no wonder then that they’re expected to waltz through Group H, which would preserve their 100% record of always advancing to the knockouts in the WWC, fueled by only ever losing one of their 24 group stage matches (W20, D3)!
- Martina Voss-Tecklenburg’s German side nearly lifted continental gold last summer, missing out on what would’ve been their ninth European crown in 11 appearances after losing in extra-time to England. Their African counterparts Morocco suffered similar heartbreak just eight days earlier, when they agonisingly lost the Women’s Africa Cup of Nations (WAFCON) final to South Africa on home soil.
- They were not left empty handed as that run to the WAFCON final punched their ticket down under for this edition of the WWC. The Lionesses of Atlas can take great heart from their male counterparts’ heroic run to a fourth-placed finish in the 2022 World Cup, something two-time UEFA Women’s Champions League winning coach Reynald Pedros could use as inspiration for his troops.
- Key battle: The two captains will be crucial to their team’s success this WWC, with Alexandra Popp looking for the three goals she needs to crack the top-three of Germany’s all-time goal scorers. Meanwhile, Moroccan captain Ghizlane Chebbak will be looking to reproduce the performances that earned her the 2022 WAFCON Player of the Tournament, where she was joint-top scorer with three goals.
- Hot streak: Germany have won all five of their previous WWC encounters against African opposition without conceding.