Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Clermont – Metz Predictions | LIGUE 1
Unibet Predictions: Clermont – Metz Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, August 27, 2023.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 3
EVENT: Clermont – Metz
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38@Unibet | Result: 0:1 WIN!!!
Clermont – Metz Predictions and Preview
- After a fairytale 2022/23 campaign saw them finish inside the top-eight of Ligue 1, Clermont have come crashing back down to earth so far this term. The Lancers have suffered back-to-back two-goal defeats to open their season, the latest of which, a 2-0 reverse against Reims, left boss Pascal Gastien “disappointed” with his squad.
- Their start to the season is all the more puzzling given that Clermont ended the last Ligue 1 campaign by winning eight of their final ten matches (D1, L1)! A return to the Stade Gabriel Montpied could be key in turning around their fortunes, as before defeat to Monaco on the opening day, Clermont had won five straight league matches on their own turf, two of which came ‘to nil’.
- Opponents Metz have also failed to win either of their first two league matches (D1, L1), but the newly-promoted outfit earned an “important point” according to goalkeeper Alexandre Oukidja against Marseille (D 2-2). The Maroons came from a goal down to lead the Olympians, before eventually surrendering the lead, a cause certainly not helped by playing for over 30 minutes with ten men.
- As a result, coach László Bölöni will be keen to get a win on the board here, as Metz failed to win any of their first three league matches in three of their previous four top-flight campaigns – two of which ended in relegation! The Maroons are confident travellers though, with defeat on the opening day at Rennes their first on the road since January (W7, D4 since), a positive record that’ll be put to the test as they visit Clermont – an opponent they’ve only ever won one away H2H against (D3, L6).
- Players to watch: Clermont will be hoping that Grejohn Kyei finds his shooting boots sooner rather than later, as they won all eight matches he netted in last season. Metz forward Georges Mikautadze has never been on the losing side while scoring for the Maroons – he’s directly contributed to a goal in both Ligue 1 matches this term (G1, A1).
- Hot stat: Clermont have conceded before half-time in six of their last seven Ligue 1 matches.