Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Burnley – Cardiff Predictions | CHAMPIONSHIP
Unibet Predictions: Burnley – Cardiff Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, May 8, 2023.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 46
EVENT: Burnley – Cardiff
TIPS: Home Win | Odds: 1.36@Unibet | Result: 3:0 WIN!!!
Burnley – Cardiff Predictions and Preview
- While a game between Burnley and Cardiff on the Championship’s final day may appear a dead rubber given the fates of both teams are already sealed, the Clarets certainly won’t see it that way. Bidding to sign off in style on the day they receive the Championship trophy, a sold-out Turf Moor will be keen to lay to rest the demons of Burnley’s last home outing in which QPR brought to an end their 34-match unbeaten run in second-tier football at home (W24, D10).
- Whilst the title is already in the bag, Burnley are still playing to become the first Championship side since Leicester in 2013/14 to break the 100-point barrier, a feat they can only achieve with victory. Historical omens would suggest that won’t be straightforward, as ten of the last 14 league H2Hs – including the reverse fixture – have peculiarly been drawn and the four wins shared.
- Largely owing to Reading’s points deduction, Cardiff come into this final day clash relieved of the pressures of potential relegation. The Bluebirds will be quick to point out that they helped themselves out in their successful survival push, winning two of their last four league fixtures (D1, L1), but the fact remains that without the Royals being docked points, their fate would still have been up in the air here.
- It’s perhaps just as well it isn’t, as Cardiff are winless in their last 15 league visits to Burnley (D8, L7), with this their first visit since April 2019. Encouragingly for Sabri Lamouchi’s side, they do remain unbeaten in their final league game across their last eight seasons (W5, D3), perhaps boosting belief they can produce a last day rally to finish as high as 18th.
- Players to watch: Ashley Barnes will kiss Turf Moor (and perhaps another opponent) goodbye after nearly ten years with the club, and he’ll hope for another fast start after opening the scoring on his four goal scoring league outings this term. Keen to find the net for a third away game in a row, Cardiff’s Kion Etete netted in the first half of the two prior.
- Hot streak: Burnley have lost their final league game in each of the last six seasons, four of which resulted in a 2-1 scoreline.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY
Unibet Predictions:: St. Gallen - Yverdon Predictions and Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Kaiserslautern - Nurnberg Predictions and Tips | DFB POKAL