Best Betting Tips ⚽ West Ham 3-0 Southampton Predictions | Premier League
West Ham – Southampton Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, May 23.
Kick-off: 16:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 38
EVENT: West Ham – Southampton
TIPS: BTS – Yes | Odds: 1.65@1xbet | Result: 3:0 LOST
West Ham – Southampton Preview
- A 3-1 comeback victory over West Brom has put West Ham in pole position (sixth) to claim a UEFA Europa League spot and also their highest Premier League (PL) placing since 1998/99, despite failing to win seven of their last 12 league games – a run that ended their Champions League dreams. Preventing a third consecutive home PL loss for the first time this season would be enough, and would also extend their current four-game unbeaten run in season finales (W3, D1).
- The ‘Hammers’ have built their European push on a strong home record (W9, D4, L5) as only Manchester City and Chelsea have lost fewer PL home games. They’ve also been known for strong first-half displays at the London Stadium, conceding just six of their 22 goals (27.27%) before the break, and none before the 24th minute.
- Despite back-to-back home wins in May, Southampton have taken the joint-fewest points this calendar year (W5, D2, L14). No side has conceded more than their 46 league goals (70.77% of their total PL goals against) in 2021, while across the season, only Manchester United’s games have averaged more than the 3.03 goals seen in Southampton’s.
- Suffering from travel sickness, Southampton are ranked as the division’s third-worst travelling side (W4, D4, L10) with no team conceding more than their 40 goals against. With no side conceding more PL away goals from the 76th minute till FT (10) and managing just four equalising goals from 14 separate trailing positions, Southampton might be out for the count if conceding first.
- Players to watch: West Ham joint-top scorer (10) Tomáš Souček has scored for both sides on two separate occasions this season, while Southampton’s set-piece specialist, James Ward-Prowse, has scored six of his eight PL goals before HT.
- Hot streak: Southampton have failed to keep a clean sheet in ten PL games.