Best Betting Tips ⚽ Slovenia 1-0 Malta Predictions | World Cup – Qualification
Slovenia – Malta Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, September 4.
Kick-off: 17:00 (GMT+1)
World Cup – Qualification
EVENT: Slovenia – Malta
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.66@1xbet | Result: 1:0 LOST
Slovenia – Malta Preview
- Remarkably, both Slovenia and Malta come into this World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) clash separated only on goal difference after an identical start to their Group H campaigns (W1, D1, L2). The hosts are eyeing up their first appearance at a World Cup finals since 2010, and know a victory will be key to keeping in touch with the leading pack. They’ll therefore be pleased this encounter is on home soil given they’re undefeated since October 2019 here (W6, D3).
- A 6-0 hammering of minnows Gibraltar represents Slovenia’s only victory across their last five matches – though each of the four winless encounters came on the road (D2, L2). That thumping of Gibraltar also handed them their only clean sheet in that sequence. However, shutouts have been much more common at home, with five secured across their last nine competitive home fixtures.
- There are 111 places between these two in FIFA’s rankings, therefore Malta (#177) might see it as something of an achievement to be level on points with their hosts thus far. Whether it’ll be enough of a springboard to help fire them towards a first-ever World Cup tournament remains to be seen, but they’ll be feeling confident after ending a six-game winless run (D2, L4) last time out against Cyprus (3-0).
- What stood out in that victory was the timing of the goals, with all three arriving in the 15 minutes either side of HT. That added to an intriguing record that has now seen six of Malta’s last eight goals arrive during this period.
- Players to watch: Slovenia dangerman Josip Iličić netted twice in June for his nation and registered an assist in Wednesday night’s draw with Slovakia. He’ll face Cain Attard who will be looking to build on his impressive brace in his last appearance for Malta.
- Hot stat: Malta have scored just one goal across four previous H2H clashes with Slovenia (L4).