Best Betting Tips ⚽ Sheffield Wed 0-1 Birmingham Predictions | Championship
Sheffield Wed – Birmingham Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, February 20.
Kick-off: 16:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 31
EVENT: Sheffield Wed – Birmingham
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.58@1xbet | Result: 0:1 LOST
Sheffield Wed – Birmingham Predictions
- This clash couldn’t have greater significance for both relegation-threatened sides, as a handicapped Sheffield Wednesday are presented with a chance to escape the bottom-three for the first time this season should they win here and results elsewhere go their way. A winner either way looks likely as the ‘Owls’ are on a ten-game run without a draw (W6, L4) – nine of which were won by the team that scored first.
- Things are looking up for Wednesday as they maintain a perfect home record since the sacking of Tony Pulis (W4). Moreover, the hosts have conceded just once across the last 503 minutes of play at Hillsborough, thus bringing their home league clean sheet total up to a league second-best eight (57.14%).
- Although Birmingham City are enduring a six-game winless Championship run and a 202-minute wait for a goal (D2, L4), manager Aitor Karanka has won four of his last five career meetings with Wednesday (W4, L1). After their latest defeat, Birmingham have now conceded the opener in 11 league games this season (36.67%), picking up just one point when doing so (D1, L10).
- The visitors have been a plucky bunch on their travels, drawing a joint-second league-high seven times, five of which were goalless. Though they start as outsiders, the ‘Blues’ boast a respectable 69.23% unbeaten rate in such away league games (W4, D5, L4) whilst the starting match favourite has failed to win 20 of their 30 overall Championship games this term.
- Players to watch: Jordan Rhodes is making a comeback after scoring in Sheffield’s last two league victories – he’s netted six times in 12 career H2Hs. As for Birmingham, their top scorer Scott Hogan (five goals) has netted their only three goals across their last six away league games.
- Hot stat: No side has conceded the opener in fewer Championship home games than Sheffield (two), although they went on to lose both times.
|Head-to-head matches: SHEFFIELD WED – BIRMINGHAM|
|17.10.20||CHA||Birmingham||Sheffield Wed||0 : 1|
|22.02.20||CHA||Birmingham||Sheffield Wed||3 : 3|
|27.11.19||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Birmingham||1 : 1|
|01.01.19||CHA||Sheffield Wed||Birmingham||1 : 1|
|27.10.18||CHA||Birmingham||Sheffield Wed||3 : 1|