Best Betting Tips ⚽ Peru 1-1 Ecuador Predictions | World Cup – Qualification
Peru – Ecuador Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, February 2, 2022.
Kick-off: 03:00 (GMT+1)
SOUTH AMERICA: World Cup – Qualification – Round 16
EVENT: Peru – Ecuador
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.52@1xbet | Result: 1:1 WIN!!!
Peru – Ecuador Preview
- Ahead of the 100th anniversary of the Peruvian Football Federation’s founding in August, this year could be one of Peru’s most exciting calendar years in recent history. A 1-0 upset vs Colombia as rank outsiders in Barranquilla on Friday – Peru’s first win when starting a match as underdogs in any competition since again defeating Colombia in the 2021 Copa América – has propelled them into an automatic World Cup Qualifying (WCQ) place.
- In fact, this is the first time during this WCQ cycle that Peru have occupied a top-four position at the end of a matchday – an especially remarkable achievement for a nation that was a distant last at the end of seven rounds (W1, D1, L5) and looked set to miss the WC finals for a ninth time from ten attempts. Their dramatic change of fortune appears to have been sparked by an away win (2-1) over their opponents here Ecuador, one of Peru’s six WCQ victories in which they did not concede prior to half-time.
- Ecuador will know first-hand not to take their in-form opponents lightly, having failed to defeat Peru in either a WCQ or Copa América setting for ten years (D2, L4). However a friendly victory in Lima in 2018 (2-0) will remind them that success at the Estadio Nacional is not beyond them, especially when buoyed by a surprise result of their own last matchday as they drew 1-1 at home to Brazil.
- Their greatest motivation, however, will be knowing that three points will guarantee Ecuador a flight to Doha and see them close in on potentially their best WCQ campaign since the golden generation that reached the knockout stages of the 2006 finals.
- Players to watch: Midfielder Sergio Peña has scored Peru’s final goal in their last two WCQ home games (W2), whilst Félix Torres has scored first for either Ecuador or club side Santos Laguna in his last two starts.
- Hot streak: Peru have played out 31 consecutive matches without a 0-0 draw.