Best Betting Tips ⚽ Montpellier 0-1 Troyes Predictions | Ligue 1
Montpellier – Troyes Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, January 19, 2022.
Kick-off: 19:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 20
EVENT: Montpellier – Troyes
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38@1xbet | Result: 0:1 WIN!!!
Montpellier – Troyes Preview
- Montpellier crashed to a 3-1 loss at Strasbourg last time around, halting their four-match winning run in Ligue 1. Yet, ‘Le MHSC’ still harbour hopes of bridging a three-point gap behind the top four ahead of this round, but need to address their disciplinary issues, having already amassed a joint league-high five red cards, including one in the reverse fixture.
- Home form has been critical to Montpellier’s fortunes this season, as they’ve landed nearly two-thirds of their league points at the Stade de la Mosson. The hosts are likely to target an early lead here, having scored the opener in seven of their last eight home league matches, with five arriving at or before the 32nd minute.
- Troyes made a losing Ligue 1 start under new manager Bruno Irlès, making it six losses across eight league games (W1, D1, L6). They ended last weekend level on points with second-bottom Bordeaux, but while only basement club Saint-Étienne have lost more league games than Troyes (11), the fact that seven of their defeats have come via a single-goal margin gives hope that ‘ESTAC’ are not yet a lost cause.
- The visitors’ preceding run of three successive away league losses doesn’t make a dire situation any easier for the new boss, but improving second-half performances could be critical. Home or away, Troyes have scored only five league goals beyond half-time, and no side has won fewer second-half points than the visitors this league campaign.
- Players to watch: Téji Savanier has been Montpellier’s first scorer with each of his last five Ligue 1 goals, including one against Troyes. In contrast, Xavier Chavalerin has netted Troyes’ last strike with each of his four league goals this campaign, three of which have come away from home.
- Hot stat: Seven of the last 11 Ligue 1 H2Hs have produced exactly two goals.