Best Betting Tips ⚽ Montpellier 2-4 Rennes Predictions | LIGUE 1
Montpellier – Rennes Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, February 25, 2022.
Kick-off: 21:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 26
EVENT: Montpellier – Rennes
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30@1xbet | Result: 2:4 WIN!!!
Montpellier – Rennes PREVIEW
- Montpellier have not enjoyed their Ligue 1 outings in 2022 so far (W2, L4), after going on a brilliant run of four consecutive wins at the end of 2021, although they gave themselves some joy with a 1-0 victory at Lorient last weekend. They now sit only three points behind fifth-placed Rennes, meaning they would be back in the race for the European spots with a win here.
- ‘La Paillade’ will now look to avoid consecutive top flight home losses for the first time in over a year, after being defeated 1-0 by defending champions Lille in their last home outing. A good start has been a huge priority at Stade de la Mosson, with the side scoring first winning each of Montpellier’s last eight league home matches (W5, L3).
- Visitors Rennes are also going through a difficult period, as they have recorded six losses across their previous ten league outings. In particular, they will be desperate to avoid conceding first, as Rennes are the only Ligue 1 side to have lost all fixtures this season (seven) in which they’ve let in the match opener.
- Avoiding that fate again could help reduce their five-point gap on the top-three teams, and catapult Rennes back into Champions League place contention. They need to improve on the road to do so, considering ‘Les Rennais’ have lost their previous four Ligue 1 road trips, while a fifth straight away defeat would mark their longest such run since 2005.
- Players to watch: Téji Savanier was Montpellier’s hero against Lorient, and has scored his team’s opener in his seven goalscoring competitive matches this season. A worthy opponent, in-form Martin Terrier has scored four of Rennes’ previous seven away goals in Ligue 1 – all of which arrived before the 50th minute.
- Hot stat: Montpellier manager Olivier Dall’Oglio has won none of his previous five personal managerial H2Hs vs Rennes boss Bruno Génésio (D1, L4).