Best Betting Tips ⚽ Montpellier 3-1 Lorient Predictions | Ligue 1
Montpellier – Lorient Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, August 22.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 4
EVENT: Montpellier – Lorient
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.47@1xbet | Result: 3:1 LOST
Montpellier – Lorient Preview
- In their unlikely quest to emulate Lille, and win a Ligue 1 (L1) title ten years after their previous one, Montpellier have already stolen the spotlight in one sense. The 11 total goals scored/conceded across their opening brace of L1 fixtures was unmatched come the end of matchday two, but there is a cautionary overtone, with ‘Le MHSC’ dropping five points beyond the 70th minute already this term.
- Post-war, Montpellier’s class of 2021/22 is already the club’s first to score 2+ goals before HT in each of their opening two L1 fixtures. However, they could make even more history, as 1998/99 marks the last time the hosts opened a L1 season with three straight fixtures producing over 3.5 goals (W1, D1, L1).
- Lorient have taken a solid four points from two close-fought games so far (GF 2, GA 1), both of which saw them gain or lose two points via the penalty spot. A win here would give them their first return of seven points from an opening L1 trio since 2007/08 – a season which yielded one of five upper-half finishes from 13 completed top-flight campaigns this century.
- However, the visitors are winless in 16 L1 road trips (D8, L8), with late collapses being a theme, as they conceded an average of 3.00 second-half goals per game across the last three losses therein. Meanwhile, six of Lorient’s last seven L1 away draws have seen the first goal arrive inside 20 minutes.
- Players to watch: Montpellier’s Gaëtan Laborde has netted inside the 31st-45th minute period in both L1 rounds played so far. By contrast, Pierre-Yves Hamel is still waiting for his first goal of 2021, and was one of three Lorient players booked last week in their win vs Monaco. Curiously, both of his goalscoring away games of last season saw 3-1 scorelines (W1, L1).
- Hot stat: None of Montpellier’s last ten August-held L1 home games have separated teams by 2+ goals.