Best Betting Tips ⚽ Metz 2-0 St Etienne Predictions | Ligue 1
Metz – St Etienne Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, October 25.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 8
EVENT: Metz – St Etienne
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.44@1xbet | Result: 2:0 WIN!!!
Metz – St Etienne Predictions
- Metz have avoided defeat in four of their opening seven Ligue 1 (L1) games (W2, D2, L3), thus recording a better seven-game start than in their last two top-flight campaigns. Manager Frédéric Antonetti got off to a solid start in the first game of his second stint at Metz (1-1) – it took until match ten to lose in his prior reign at the club (W9, D0).
- The hosts have conceded before HT in all home league games so far, although they won the last two and could make it three straight home L1 wins for the first time since the 2017/18 season. However, coming back from adversity is not a regularity with Metz, who have gone on to lose five (W2) of the last seven L1 home games in which they’ve shipped first.
- St Etiénne continue to flail, with three clean-sheet victories being followed by four games where they’ve conceded 2+ goals. Additionally, St Etiénne have picked up just 16 of their last 40 L1 points away from home, while also failing to keep a clean sheet in ten of their last 11 L1 away games since November 2019, losing without reply in three of the last six (W2, D1, L8).
- Les Verts’ manager Claude Puel has a personal agenda, as he looks to extend an impressive 85.71% unbeaten rate vs Metz (W11, D7, L3). Furthermore, he holds dominance in all-time touchline H2Hs with Frédéric Antonetti (W11, D6, L4), losing none of the last 11 (W5, D6).
- Players to watch: Opa Nguette has stepped up for Metz in the absence of their league-leading top-scorer, bagging their sole goal in a draw last time out.
- Eighteen-year-old St Etiénne prospect Adil Aouchiche grabbed his second goal for the club last match.
- Hot stat: Though possessing a negative managerial H2H record, Frédéric Antonetti is unbeaten in his last eight home H2Hs versus St Etiénne (W5, D3).
|Head-to-head matches: METZ – ST ETIENNE|
|02.02.20||L1||Metz||St Etienne||3 : 1|
|25.09.19||L1||St Etienne||Metz||0 : 1|
|17.01.18||L1||Metz||St Etienne||3 : 0|
|14.10.17||L1||St Etienne||Metz||3 : 1|
|12.03.17||L1||St Etienne||Metz||2 : 2|