Best Betting Tips ⚽ Melbourne City 3-1 Sydney FC Predictions | A-League
Melbourne City – Sydney FC Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, June 27.
Kick-off: 08:05 (GMT+1)
AUSTRALIA: A-League – Play Offs – Final
EVENT: Melbourne City – Sydney FC
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41@1xbet | Result: 3:1 LOST
Melbourne City – Sydney FC Preview
- The 16th A-League Grand Final (GF) will be a rematch of the 15th, albeit with Melbourne City hosting it for the first time in their 12-year history. They’ll be hoping success in the showpiece event can cap off a memorable campaign which included a club-record winning streak of six games, their highest ever points return (49) and their inaugural Premiers Plate.
- Despite winning just two of their last six matches (D2, L2) – starting as favourites on each occasion – City deserve to be confident after taking points from Sydney FC twice in the regular season for the first time since 2016/17. Any early setback shouldn’t be an issue either given that they boast the league’s best 2020/21 record when conceding the opening goal (W3, D2, L4).
- Sydney FC are chasing a three-peat of Championships – a feat never before seen in the A-League – but do start the game as underdogs. A good omen for them though is that none of the previous four GFs won within 90 minutes were claimed by the pre-match favourites. Furthermore, should it be needed here, they also benefit from having triumphed in all four of their GFs to have featured extra-time.
- Even though they failed to win the second half for the first time in six games last match – a half in which they enjoy a goal difference of +14 away from home over the entire season – Sydney equalled their longest winning streak in three seasons (W6) with an eighth consecutive playoffs game in which they did not lose within 90 minutes (W4, D4).
- Players to watch: Golden Boot Goliath Jamie Maclaren will be looking to celebrate his contract renewal with City’s ninth team opening goal of 2020/21. Brazilian veteran Bobô is driving Sydney’s push for glory with goals in six of his last nine appearances, including three match openers.
- Hot stat: All but two of the last eight GFs have seen fewer than 2.5 total goals scored (excluding extra time), as have five of the last seven H2Hs.