Best Betting Tips ⚽ Brest 1-2 Metz Predictions | Ligue 1
Brest – Metz Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, September 26.
Kick-off: 14:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 8
EVENT: Brest – Metz
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33@1xbet | Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
Brest – Metz Preview
- Struggling Brest are now without a win since April (D5, L6) following their 3-1 Ligue 1 (L1) defeat to Nantes. Their start to this league campaign (D4, L3) is their worst since their return to the top-flight in 2018/19. All four of those draws finished 1-1 and all three defeats were by two-goal margins so they’ve been consistent – just not with results they’ll be proud of!
- Desperately needing points to pull clear of the bottom three, the ‘Pirates’ have ‘plundered’ just one win in five home H2Hs (D1, L3) and they haven’t won a home league game since March (D5, L3). Worryingly, they’ve conceded after the 75th minute in each of their last three L1 games here.
- That’s also been an issue for Metz (D3, L4) who pushed Paris Saint-Germain hard before losing 2-1 after conceding in injury time. Encouragingly, they showed the battling qualities required to lift themselves away from the relegation places they currently occupy although they’ll need to temper their emotions after they received two late red cards.
- One of those was for manager Frédéric Antonetti so although the away side on the day has won each of the last three H2Hs, he won’t be calling the shots as the ‘Maroons’ bid to uphold that record. Antonetti has never lost against opposite number Michel Der Zakarian (W2, D1), and if his side prevails again, they’ll leapfrog their hosts in the standings.
- Players to watch: Brest’s Irvin Cardona is this fixture’s leading scorer, with four goals – the most he’s scored against any club. Metz’s Papa Ndiaga Yade netted against Brest last term and two of his three first-team goals for the club arrived after the 80th minute.
- Hot stat: Metz have collected an average of 3.6 yellow cards per game across their last five L1 matches.