Best Betting Tips ⚽ Birmingham 1-2 QPR Predictions | Championship
Birmingham – QPR Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, January 2, 2022.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 26
EVENT: Blackpool – Hull
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38@1xbet | Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
Birmingham – QPR Predictions
- With Birmingham City’s last game of 2021 ending in a 4-0 defeat – their worst loss of the season – the ‘Blues’ will look to start afresh here and begin 2022 in style. Yet for a side that’s scored an average of just 1.09 goals per Championship home game this season, it may be less style and more grit and defensive resolve that could guide Birmingham to a fifth Championship home win of the season, and end a three-year run of failing to win their opening game of a new calendar year (D1, L2).
- Such a victory would drag Birmingham further away from the drop zone, and would likely involve a clean sheet as six of their last seven home wins came ‘to nil’. However, Queens Park Rangers have been tricky opponents when playing at St Andrew’s in recent years, as evidenced by Birmingham conceding a first-half opener in six of the last seven H2Hs held here (W2, D1, L4).
- The ‘R’s are likely to cause problems again considering they sit in seventh place and just a point from the coveted playoff spots. Securing ten points from the last 12 available on the road has helped propel them to this position, and also continued a wonderful scoring streak that has now seen QPR net in 19 consecutive Championship away outings.
- At the halfway stage of the Championship regular season, QPR have already bettered their 23-game tally from every season since returning to this division in 2015/16. A Premier League return remains on the cards then, especially if they can continue their average of 1.73 goals scored per league road trip – the second best in the division ahead of this round.
- Players to watch: Birmingham’s Scott Hogan has scored in a win ‘to nil’ in four of his five goalscoring games this season. Similarly, Chris Willock has scored in four away outings this season, with QPR going unbeaten each time (W3, D1).
- Hot streak: QPR haven’t seen a goalless draw for 39 straight Championship matches.