Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ West Brom – Wigan Predictions | CHAMPIONSHIP
Unibet Predictions: West Brom – Wigan Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, March 7, 2023.
Kick-off: 21:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 29
EVENT: West Brom – Wigan
TIPS: Home Win | Odds: 1.58@Unibet | Result: 1:0 WIN!!!
West Brom – Wigan Predictions and Preview
- West Bromwich Albion have potentially fallen out of contention as a promotion playoffs participant after a 2-0 loss to Hull in their last outing was their third from their last five Championship fixtures (W1, D1). A run of results like that will feel punishing at this point of the season, with Carlos Corberan’s men now seven points off the coveted top-six and just two points ahead of this stage of their 2021/22 season when missing the playoffs by eight points.
- They do possess a trump card leading into this home clash with Wigan Athletic, with their home fortress being a thorn in the side of their opposition. The Baggies have kept their campaign ticking over with a monumental eight wins from their last nine home games across all competitions (D1), keeping clean sheets in every victory. Owing to that near-impenetrable defence, the Hawthorns faithful have been deprived of goal-fests this season, with only four of West Brom’s home league matches this season producing more than 2.5 total goals – a joint league-low.
- Meanwhile, there’s no doubt that upcoming opponents Wigan would take any sort of victory if offered, particularly now that they are a hefty six points away from safety in second-last position. Shaun Maloney’s men have at least shown character recently by losing only one of their last six Championship matches (W1, D4), but winning just one of their 13 (D6, L6) proves why they’re in such a precarious position.
- A major contributor to their struggles has been their recent road form, where they have completed 11 consecutive Championship matches without tasting victory (D5, L6). The Latics do, however, have a favourable recent record at the Hawthorns, where they have avoided defeat in four of their last five league visits (W3, D1).
- Players to watch: West Brom will hope Daryl Dike can keep firing after scoring a brace in his last home match, ensuring four of his six goals this season have come at home. Wigan’s Ashley Fletcher has made a habit of scoring his side’s first goal, with each of his last five strikes serving that exact purpose.
- Hot stat: A league-high 22 Championship games involving Wigan this season have seen both teams on the day find the net.