Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Spain W – Sweden W Predictions | WORLD CUP WOMEN
Unibet Predictions: Spain W – Sweden W Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, August 15, 2023.
Kick-off: 09:00 (GMT+1)
WORLD CUP WOMEN – PLAY OFFS – SEMI-FINALS
EVENT: Spain W – Sweden W
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.49@Unibet | Result: 2:1 WIN!!!
Spain W – Sweden W Predictions and Preview
- They may have been plagued by off-field issues such as a player revolt against manager Jorge Vilda before the FIFA Women’s World Cup (WWC) and an earthquake in Wellington during it, but Spain have reached their first ever FIFA Women’s World Cup (WWC) semi-final and have shown no sign of slowing down anytime soon. Salma Paralluelo’s strike earned a spot in the last four as they beat the Netherlands 2-1 after extra time on Friday, making it four wins from five games at the tournament so far (L1).
- Such history-making exploits haven’t stopped the spotlight continually falling upon Vilda, who has long faced criticism of his coaching methods and player management. The head coach even took a dig at some of his players following the win over the Dutch, stating the Spanish football federation and president “have always supported me,” and he will be hoping they can continue to put any disharmony to one side in an attempt to make yet more history.
- Attempting to derail Spain’s WWC dream will be FIFA’s #3 ranked side, Sweden, who booked their place in the semi-finals by beating Japan 2-1. That result means Peter Gerhardsson’s side maintained their 100% record at the tournament – and can boast to be one of just two semi-finalists alongside England to do so – but the head coach isn’t expecting to cruise through to the next round, anticipating La Roja will be another “challenging” opponent.
- Even so, the Swedes should be full of confidence given they have never lost in 11 previous H2Hs (W7, D4). On top of that, the win over dark horses Japan came hot on the heels of eliminating defending champions the United States, so Sweden – who have lost three of their previous four semi-finals – will be desperate to cash in on their good form and reach their first WWC final since 2003.
- Key battle: Mariona Caldentey scored Spain’s opening goal against the Netherlands and has won each of the ten competitive internationals in which she has netted. Extending that record may be tough against Sweden’s Zećira Mušović, given the goalkeeper has kept a clean sheet in half of her last eight appearances for her country.
- Hot stat: 17 of the last 22 goals Sweden have scored or conceded have come after HT.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY
Unibet Predictions:: St. Gallen - Yverdon Predictions and Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Kaiserslautern - Nurnberg Predictions and Tips | DFB POKAL