Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ South Africa W – Italy W Predictions | WORLD CUP WOMEN
Unibet Predictions: South Africa W – Italy W Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, August 2, 2023.
Kick-off: 08:00 (GMT+1)
WORLD CUP WOMEN – ROUND 2
EVENT: South Africa W – Italy W
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33@Unibet | Result: 3:2 LOST
South Africa W – Italy W Predictions and Preview
- South Africa should need no extra motivation for their final group game at the FIFA Women’s World Cup (WWC), where they know a victory is needed if they’re to have any chance of securing a place in the knockout phase for the first time in their history. Banyana Banyana kept their hopes of progressing alive on Friday when they drew 2-2 with Argentina, picking up their first-ever point at the tournament in the process.
- However, things could have been so much better for Desiree Ellis’ side, who were 2-0 up in that game. The head coach lamented South Africa’s lack of ruthlessness, criticising her players for making too many “wrong decisions” in the final third as their poor run of form extended to just two wins across their last nine internationals (D2, L5).
- If it comes as any consolation to South Africa, opponents Italy head into this clash on the back of a harrowing defeat to Sweden in their second group game. Milena Bertolini branded her side “fragile mentally” as they conceded four goals in less than 20 minutes either side of HT during a 5-0 hammering, their heaviest loss since March 2017.
- That result means only a victory will guarantee Le Azzurre a place in the round of 16, but that’s something they’ve only managed in their final group game in two of their three WWC appearances. Raising further doubts over their credentials, Italy have now suffered six losses across their last 11 internationals (W4, D1), failing to even score in five of those outings.
- Key battle: South Africa goalkeeper Kaylin Swart has kept just three clean sheets in her last 20 internationals, conceding at least two goals on 13 occasions. Looking to score past her may be Barbara Bonansea, who has won 21 of the 23 internationals in which she has netted for Italy (L2).
- Hot stat: South Africa have scored first in three of their previous five WWC games, but failed to hold on for a victory in any of those encounters (D1, L2).