Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Sampdoria – Napoli Predictions | SERIE A
Unibet Predictions: Sampdoria – Napoli Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, January 8, 2023.
Kick-off: 18:00 (GMT+1)
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 17
EVENT: Sampdoria – Napoli
TIPS: Away Win | Odds: 1.42@1xbet | Result: 0:2 WIN!!!
Sampdoria – Napoli Predictions and PREVIEW
- The winter break probably came at a great time for relegation-threatened Sampdoria after a four-game Serie A (SA) losing run before it left them at risk of posting the club’s worst run of defeats in over a decade upon their return. Luckily for them, they avoided such a fate by bouncing back with an impressive 2-1 away win at Sassuolo to move within five points of the dotted line. That success came just two days before news of the sad passing of club legend Gianluca Vialli, with the whole of SA set to remember the hugely popular player this weekend.
- Manager Dejan Stanković will hope that victory is a turning point for his side after failing to win six of his eight games in charge so far (W2, D1, L5). The tough-talking Serbian highlighted that he views the restart as a “new season” with every game a cup final, and those statements especially ring true considering Sampdoria are enduring their worst top-flight start to a season in club history, one made worse by their current winless home league record (D2, L6).
- The visit of league leaders Napoli won’t inspire much confidence of picking up that elusive first win here, yet the Parthenopeans are a wounded beast following their first league defeat of the season last time out at Inter Milan. Despite posting a “sub par” performance in that 1-0 loss according to manager Luciano Spalletti, this still remains Napoli’s best ever top-flight record after 16 rounds as they seek a first SA title since 1989/90 in the days of Diego Maradona.
- How Napoli bounce back from defeat will be telling, and with four of the teams placed between 2nd and 8th playing each other during this round, a victory could see Napoli extend their lead at the top. They remain unbeaten as pre-match favourites in league action this season too (W12, D2), and having scored eight unanswered goals in away H2Hs, many will expect that record to continue here.
- Players to watch: Former Napoli forward Manolo Gabbiadini has scored two team opening goals this term, yet he was on the losing side in each seven of his last eight personal H2Hs. Looking to extend that run will be Napoli’s Piotr Zieliński, who has made a goal contribution in each of his last three personal away H2Hs (G1, A2).
- Hot stat: Ahead of the round, Sampdoria have failed to score in a league-high nine games (56%).
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Partizani - Skenderbeu Predictions and Tips | SUPERLIGA
Unibet Predictions:: Fulham - West Ham Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY