Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Salernitana – Lecce Predictions | SERIE A
Unibet Predictions: Salernitana – Lecce Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, September 16, 2022.
Kick-off: 19:45 (GMT+1)
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 7
EVENT: Salernitana – Lecce
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.30@1xbet | Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
Salernitana – Lecce Predictions and PREVIEW
- Salernitana let slip a 2-0 lead in a dramatic 2-2 draw against Juventus in the last round, in a game that witnessed three red cards during stoppage time and saw Salernitana’s president offer to replay the game to make up for a VAR error! While confidence may have taken a hit after swapping three points for one in that game, they still extended an unbeaten five-match Serie A (SA) run (W1, D4) which has Salernitana better off at this stage than they were last season in three important parameters – points, goals scored, and goals conceded.
- That bodes well for this campaign as they look to steer clear of the relegation troubles of last season when they beat the drop by just a point. With manager Davide Nicola asking his side to be more “ambitious” after the last match, he’ll likely be urging his men to keep building up momentum early, but will be worried about dropping points from leading positions in both of their recent games.
- Lecce are also coming into this round off VAR controversy with missed penalties and an outburst leading to coach Marco Baroni’s suspension. The absence of Baroni may not help much with the visitors’ hopes of ending their winless league start (D3, L3), as the two southernmost clubs in the division prepare for their first-ever SA meeting.
- The last time Lecce had collected only three points at this stage was in 2003/04, though they still managed to avoid relegation back then. They need to up their scoring ante to make sure they survive again, as Lecce remain one of the division’s poorest scorers with just four goals. With both their SA away losses coming after conceding a lone first-half strike, finding a way to improve on their paltry tally of just one away goal so far is urgently needed.
- Players to watch: Krzysztof Piątek scored Salernitana’s last goal and has five goals in just two previous games against Lecce. For the visitors, Lorenzo Colombo scored their only away SA goal – that was at Napoli where he missed a penalty, scored, and was carded all during the first half!
- Hot stat: Lecce are the only SA club yet to score in both the first or last 30 minutes of play this season.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY
Unibet Predictions:: St. Gallen - Yverdon Predictions and Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Kaiserslautern - Nurnberg Predictions and Tips | DFB POKAL