Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Montpellier – Toulouse Predictions | LIGUE 1
Unibet Predictions: Montpellier – Toulouse Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, April 9, 2023.
Kick-off: 14:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 30
EVENT: Montpellier – Toulouse
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.40@Unibet | Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
Montpellier – Toulouse Predictions and Preview
- Montpellier’s phenomenal turnaround under new manager Michel Der Zakarian continued with a strong draw away to then-second placed Marseille (1-1), extending Der Zakarian’s undefeated start to seven matches (W5, D2). In fact, Montpellier finished the last round having collected more Ligue 1 points (17) than any other club since he signed on the dotted line in February.
- Considering that is almost as many points as they picked up from the 22 games under predecessors Romain Pitau (W2, D2, L7) and Olivier Dall’Oglio (W4, L7), their struggles in the season prior to February, that included a 4-2 loss away to upcoming opponents Toulouse, are now no more than a distant memory. As a successful defender from his playing days, it’s perhaps no surprise that Der Zakarian’s success has been built on defensive solidity, with his side already matching the four Ligue 1 clean sheets collected under the two previous managers combined!
- The unique four-team relegation zone for this season means that Toulouse are still not yet assured of their survival despite the healthy nine-point cushion they hold to the drop ahead of the round. Five losses from their last six Ligue 1 fixtures (W1) certainly hasn’t helped their survival push, but victory here would be especially helpful as it would see them leapfrog Montpellier and move further into the middle of the standings.
- Any lingering hopes of securing a top-half finish in 2022/23 will require them to correct some poor travelling performances that doesn’t offer much inspiration as far as this fixture is concerned. All four of their away league wins this season (D1, L9) took place against clubs to start the match week in the bottom quarter of the table, a trend which, should it continue, leaves them unlikely to collect points from more than one of their five remaining away trips.
- Players to watch: Elye Wahi could be poised to strike upon his return to home after scoring second-half goals in four of Montpellier’s five wins under Der Zakarian. Expect Thijs Dallinga to present a threat once again after scoring in five of Toulouse’s last eight Ligue 1 away trips.
- Hot streak: Montpellier have not conceded a first-half goal in nine of their last ten league wins, including seven half-time leads.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY
Unibet Predictions:: St. Gallen - Yverdon Predictions and Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Kaiserslautern - Nurnberg Predictions and Tips | DFB POKAL