Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Lyon – Auxerre Predictions | LIGUE 1
Unibet Predictions: Lyon – Auxerre Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, August 31, 2022.
Kick-off: 18:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 5
EVENT: Lyon – Auxerre
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36@1xbet | Result: Pending
Lyon – Auxerre Predictions and PREVIEW
- A late Moussa Dembélé header rescued Lyon a 1-1 draw against Reims on Sunday to maintain their unbeaten start to the Ligue 1 campaign (W2, D1). But with leaders Paris Saint-Germain only drawing, those at the club targeting a title challenge were disappointed, including manager Peter Bosz, who voiced his frustration after the match saying “I’m not happy at all. We were here to win this match”.
- Bosz will expect improvement against Auxerre, particularly in front of goal, as Les Gones try to build on a run of six straight Ligue 1 victories at home, five of them after scoring at least three times. The departure of Lucas Paquetá bruises those chances, but with Dembélé off the mark for the season, they have the firepower necessary to make it 16 home league games without defeat against newly promoted clubs (W13, D2).
- Visitors Auxerre have their work cut out then, but they’ve made a fine start on their return to the top-flight and are three games unbeaten (W2, D1) following an opening-round defeat at Lille. After a lengthy absence from Ligue 1, the good times are back for fans of the one-time French champions, although they’ll be wary having seen other promoted sides start well but fade afterwards, including Clermont last term.
- This is also a homecoming of sorts for Auxerre manager Jean-Marc Furlan, who played for Lyon between 1980 and 1982, but he’s had little luck against his former club as a manager (W2, L9). Auxerre’s fortunes haven’t been much different either, having won only one of their last 17 H2Hs in Lyon (D5, L11)!
- Players to watch: Each of Dembélé’s last three goals for Lyon – all headers – were his side’s first of the game and he now has the chance to match Sonny Anderson’s club record of netting in nine straight Ligue 1 games. Auxerre’s Gaëtan Perrin, a Lyon academy product, broke the deadlock in two of his last three goalscoring appearances.
- Hot stat: Lyon opened the scoring within 30 minutes in each of their last six home league games.