Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Lyon – AC Ajaccio Predictions | LIGUE 1
Unibet Predictions: Lyon – AC Ajaccio Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, August 5, 2022.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 1
EVENT: Lyon – AC Ajaccio
TIPS: Home Win | Odds: 1.36@1xbet | Result: 2:1 WIN!!!
Lyon – AC Ajaccio PREVIEW
- Lyon are facing newly promoted Ajaccio on the opening day of this 2022/23 Ligue 1 campaign aiming to vastly improve upon last season’s eighth-placed finish – their lowest season-ending position in over two decades! Peter Bosz’s side have made some impressive signings over the summer, with Corentin Tolisso and the returning Alexandre Lacazette among the high-profile arrivals, so optimism in the camp could be high.
- That optimism could well be heightened by The Gones’ current run of 18 unbeaten games to open their Ligue 1 season (W14, D4), as coach Bosz praised his players’ work, saying that they are “better prepared than last year”. The omens look good for Lyon on the H2H front too, squaring off against an Ajaccio side against who they’ve beaten in 13 of the previous 14 competitive H2Hs held here (D1).
- Promoted as Ligue 2 runners-up, Ajaccio are back in the top-flight for the first time since 2013/14. Albeit against second-tier opposition, Ajaccio ended last season with only 19 goals conceded – the second tier’s best since 1993/94 – and the signings of experienced duo Thomas Mangani and Romain Hamouma should help them at the opposite end of the pitch.
- Looking to pick up where they left off, the ACA did go unbeaten in their last seven away Ligue 2 games to round off last season (W4, D3), while shutting out the opposition on six occasions! Olivier Pantaloni’s men will seemingly rely on this defensive base to perform well in the top-flight, although Ajaccio have conceded in their previous 17 Ligue 1 road trips.
- Players to watch: If Moussa Dembélé scores first it could be a great sign for Lyon having won the last seven home league games in which he opened the scoring! Aiming to eclipse him, Ajaccio’s Riad Nouri closed the scoring in their final two league matches of the 2021/22 campaign.
- Hot stat: There has only been one 0-0 draw in the last 26 top-flight meetings between these two teams.