Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Everton – Southampton Predictions | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions: Everton – Southampton Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, January 14, 2023.
Kick-off: 16:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: PREMIER LEAGUE – ROUND 20
EVENT: Everton – Southampton
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33@1xbet | Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
Everton – Southampton Predictions and Preview
- With 50% of the Premier League (PL) campaign still to go, it’d be premature to call this a ‘must-win’ contest for Everton, however, it appears exactly that for manager Frank Lampard. There’s huge pressure on the former midfielder after a run of eight competitive matches without a win (D2, L6) contributed to his team slipping into the bottom three at the conclusion of the last round.
- Lampard couldn’t have picked a better fixture in which to try and end this rotten run as Southampton not only start the gameweek bottom of the table, but Everton also have a comforting record of not tasting defeat against the Saints in any of the last 17 Goodison Park PL meetings (W12, D5). Adding to that record and securing a first double over the South Coast side since 2001/02 could be a turning point in the Toffees’ season.
- Southampton will also see this as a big chance to get a league win and potentially draw level on points with their hosts. The mood in the camp is sure to be much-improved after they followed up a 2-1 FA Cup win away to Crystal Palace with a stunning 2-0 home EFL Cup victory over English champions Manchester City on Wednesday. In the wake of that success, manager Nathan Jones took a swipe at his early doubters, stating: “Rome wasn’t built in a day – we’re on the way.”
- Eager to avoid a seventh straight PL defeat for the first time in their history, it’s imperative the Saints build on Wednesday’s victory with another positive result, especially for Jones who is on the cusp of a piece of unwanted history – including caretakers, he could become only the fifth ever manager to lose their first five PL games in charge of a club.
- Players to watch: Demarai Gray has scored three of Everton’s last five competitive goals, and has struck more PL goals than any other current Toffees’ player since the start of last season (eight). Southampton’s set-piece specialist James Ward-Prowse might grab some of the limelight here however, as he’s scored two direct free-kicks in his last four competitive appearances.
- Hot streak: Everton could lose four successive home league games for the first time since losing seven straight back in 1958.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Fulham - West Ham Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY
Unibet Predictions:: St. Gallen - Yverdon Predictions and Tips | SUPER LEAGUE