Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Club Brugge KV – Bayer Leverkusen Predictions | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions: Club Brugge KV – Bayer Leverkusen Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, September 7, 2022.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – GROUP STAGE – ROUND 1
EVENT: Club Brugge KV – Bayer Leverkusen
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.48@1xbet | Result: 1:0 LOST
Club Brugge KV – Bayer Leverkusen Predictions and PREVIEW
- Club Brugge goalkeeper Simon Mignolet described their 4-0 derby victory over Cercle Brugge on Friday as a “good final rehearsal” for the start of the UEFA Champions League (UCL) group stage. Carl Hoefkens’ outfit have now won four matches in a row, scoring at least twice in each game, which is perfect preparation as they look to end a run of just three victories in their last 18 outings in this competition (D6, L9).
- Runners-up in the European Cup in 1977/78, Brugge have never qualified for the knock-out stages during the UCL era, while five of their last eight home matches in this competition have actually seen them concede at least three goals (W1, D2, L5). The Belgians also have a poor European record against German clubs, winning just one of 12 matches since 2003 (D3, L8), a statistic that may not give them much confidence ahead of this clash with Bayer Leverkusen.
- Leverkusen are hoping a return to the UCL group stages for the first time in three seasons will breathe life into their campaign. Manager Gerardo Seoane says the competition “can set a different focus” after a run of four defeats in their opening five Bundesliga games, while they were also embarrassingly dumped out of the German Cup by minnows Elversberg earlier this season too.
- They do at least hold a strong record against clubs from Belgium though, losing just once in seven games (W3, D3), with one of those stalemates being a 1-1 draw in their only previous clash with Brugge back during the 2006/07 UEFA Cup. The Germans have impressed on their travels in this competition too, suffering just two defeats in their last eight away games (W2, D4) with both of those arriving at the hands of European giants Juventus and Atlético Madrid.
- Players to watch: Brugge summer signing Casper Nielsen has scored in three in his last four matches and is now unbeaten in all 25 fixtures he has netted in since March 2018. Meanwhile, Callum Hudson-Odoi, who has just arrived at Leverkusen on loan from Chelsea, has only lost once in 15 previous UCL group matches (W11, D3), scoring three and getting three assists.
- Hot stat: Leverkusen have only won their opening UCL group game once in the last six attempts (D1, L4).