Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Clermont – Strasbourg Predictions | LIGUE 1
Unibet Predictions: Clermont – Strasbourg Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, February 26, 2023.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 25
EVENT: Clermont – Strasbourg
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.38@Unibet | Result: 1:1 WIN!!!
Clermont – Strasbourg Predictions and Preview
- Clermont will be desperate to finish February with a flourish after a dismal five-game Ligue 1 run (D2, L3), including three consecutive 2-0 defeats, dampened hopes of a potential springtime charge towards European qualification. They haven’t scored during that sequence, which started with a 0-0 draw against Nantes in which neither side managed a shot on target!
- A lack of goals has not been unusual for Clermont, as they haven’t scored more than twice in a home Ligue 1 match since their arrival in 2021, but drawing three blanks in as many Ligue 1 games as hosts is unprecedented (D1, L2). They’ll desperately want to avoid extending that record, but having only won once here this term against sides that start the round below them in the table (D2, L2), shows this game will likely be tough.
- Around this time last year, Strasbourg were chasing European qualification themselves (eventually just missing out by finishing sixth) but this term has been a struggle and they’re 20 points behind where they were after 24 matches during that previous campaign. With four teams going down this season they’re looking over their shoulder, but at least a recent 2-1 win over bottom side Angers has given them a couple of points worth of breathing space.
- Manager Frédéric Antonetti started his reign with a win, but repeating the trick might be difficult as they’ve only won one of their last six league away fixtures (D1, L4) although they did triumph 2-0 here last term. However as the side scoring first won each of their last four Ligue 1 games on the road (W1, L3), starting well might hold the key to Strasbourg keeping the bottom four at bay.
- Players to watch: Elbasan Rashani has a goal and a booking across his last five appearances for Clermont, while Habib Diallo has scored each of Strasbourg’s last four goals, all of them coming before half-time.
- Hot stat: Strasbourg’s Ligue 1 matches this term produced an average of 1.83 first-half goals per game – a league-high after matchday 24.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Partizani - Skenderbeu Predictions and Tips | SUPERLIGA
Unibet Predictions:: Fulham - West Ham Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY