Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Burnley – Hull Predictions | CHAMPIONSHIP
Unibet Predictions: Burnley – Hull Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, August 16, 2022.
Kick-off: 19:45 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: CHAMPIONSHIP – ROUND 4
EVENT: Burnley – Hull
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34@1xbet | Result: 1:1 WIN!!!
Burnley – Hull Predictions
- After their first defeat of the season under new boss Vincent Kompany, Burnley’s resolve will be tested as they square-off against Hull City in search of their first home win of the season. With just four points following their opening three Championship games, and after seeing all three witness two or fewer goals, Kompany and his “very new squad” will want to click sooner rather than later if they’re to return to the Premier League at the first time of asking.
- Another defeat for Burnley would see them end this match six points behind first place after just four games, but with three of the last five H2Hs at Turf Moor ending in a 1-0 Burnley win (W3, D1, L1), history suggests the Clarets could scrape a much-needed victory here. That may be a sentiment echoed by the Turf Moor faithful, who have seen their side lose just twice in the last 14 H2H meetings (W10, D2).
- The Tigers could be a far more difficult prospect this season though, as they’re among the early pace-setters in the Championship thanks to an impressive 2-1 victory over Norwich on Saturday – their third of four competitive games this season to end 2-1 to the home side on the day. Two of those actually saw the team that opened the scoring lose, so Shota Arveladze’s side will be all too aware that the first goal doesn’t equal game-over.
- There were no goals in Hull’s first away game of the season though, but that 0-0 at Preston did extend their recent good run of form on the road as they lost just two of their final eight away league matches in 2021/22 (W3, D3). In fact Hull actually picked up more points on their travels (26) than at home (25) in the previous campaign, but aren’t keen on midweek action, failing to win any of their last eight outings on a Tuesday (D3, L5).
- Players to watch: Burnley’s Jay Rodriguez has won six of his nine meetings with Hull (D1, L2), with both teams netting in only three of those fixtures. Meanwhile, Hull’s new signing Óscar Estupiñán bagged his first goals in English football against Norwich and has only lost two of the last 16 games in which he has scored (W10, D4).
- Hot stat: Burnley scored exactly one goal in eight of their previous ten Championship home fixtures.