Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Brest – Rennes Predictions | LIGUE 1
Unibet Predictions: Brest – Rennes Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, June 3, 2023.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: LIGUE 1 – ROUND 38
EVENT: Brest – Rennes
TIPS: Away Win | Odds: 1.57@Unibet | Result: 1:2 WIN!!!
Brest – Rennes Predictions and Preview
- Despite already securing their Ligue 1 status for next season, Brest took advantage of their excellent momentum to win 2-1 at high-flying Marseille, making it three league wins in a row for the first time in more than a year. The arrival of Éric Roy as coach in early January has had a profound impact, as he steered them through only four out of Brest’s 17 match days spent in the relegation zone this season.
- Set for a fifth straight season in the French top-flight, Roy’s men have turned the Stade Francis Le Blé into a fortress since early April, as only in-form Lens surpasses Brest’s current streak of five consecutive home Ligue 1 victories. Despite playing for pride only, the hosts could conclude this season in style by offering their fans their first victory in the Derby Breton against Rennes in more than a decade (D5, L7 since).
- This will not be an easy task after visiting Rennes secured their third consecutive victory ‘to-nil’ with a 2-0 home success against Monaco last weekend, a direct competitor for a European spot. Thanks to a favourable goal difference compared with their closest pursuer, Bruno Génésio’s men know that a victory would secure their place on the European stage next season; and if Lille fail to win at Nice, they might even clinch a Europa League spot!
- “The trap is to believe that the championship is over,” warned Génésio after Saturday’s game, and he couldn’t be more accurate when considering the Red and Black have indeed lost their final match of the season in the last three complete Ligue 1 seasons! To halt this worrying trend, Rennes will need to avoid conceding first, as they are among the eight Ligue 1 teams who have failed to win when conceding the opening goal away (D2, L7).
- Players to watch: Brest’s sixth consecutive home victory could depend on Jérémy Le Douaron finding the net given he has led his team to victory in his last four goalscoring home matches. Repositioned in a central role in recent weeks, midfielder Benjamin Bourigeaud has regained his influence, contributing to six goals across Rennes’ last five matches (G2, A4).
- Hot stat: Rennes have kept a first half clean sheet in all but one of the ten previous Ligue 1 H2Hs.