Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Belgium – Austria Predictions | EURO – QUALIFICATION
Unibet Predictions: Belgium – Austria Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Unibet Predictions for Today, June 17, 2023.
Kick-off: 19:45 (GMT+1)
EURO – QUALIFICATION – ROUND 3
EVENT: Belgium – Austria
TIPS: Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34@Unibet | Result: 1:1 WIN!!!
Belgium – Austria Predictions and Preview
- The new era of the Belgium national team under Domenico Tedesco’s leadership began in fine style with a pair of wins during the last break, yet it remains to be seen if his new look squad can continue to impress with four debutantes included in the squad. Ever present forward Romelu Lukaku hailed the new boss at the end of the previous break, stating “Change isn’t bad, as long as the results follow”.
- This is simply a must-win game for Belgium, who are seeking a third straight European qualification (ECQ) group winning campaign, as adversaries Austria currently top the standings after their perfect two-game start. Doing just that would surprise few, not least as Belgium are enjoying an ongoing national record run of eight straight home ECQ victories, each of which saw them score at least three times!
- Avoiding defeat here could prove pivotal in Austria’s qualification efforts too, with Sweden lurking in third to pounce upon any mistakes from the current top-two. Ralf Rangnick’s men should be better placed to continue their assault on a third straight Euro finals appearance with the return of key men such as David Alaba, yet one must look back through the archives to 1959 to find Austria’s most recent win over Belgium.
- Despite their outsider status, the simple fact that Austria have avoided defeat in ten of their previous 12 ECQ away games (W8, D2, L2) speaks volumes about their solidity on the road. That run included positive results against solid footballing nations such as Sweden and Russia, yet they’ve never defeated a top-five ranked nation such as Belgium (#4) away from home this century.
- Players to watch: Genk’s Mike Trésor Ndayishimiye is one of the contingent of new faces in this Belgium selection; the attacking midfielder was named Belgian footballer of the year after his unbelievable eight goals and 24 assists in 39 league and play-off appearances in 2022/23 league action. As for Austria, Michael Gregoritsch scored in both games during the last international break and his ten Bundesliga goals helped club side Freiburg to UEFA Europa League qualification.
- Hot stat: Austria have averaged an incredible 2.92 scored goals per game across all historical H2Hs against Belgium (W9, D3, L2).
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Wolves - Brighton Predictions and Tips | FA CUP
Unibet Predictions:: Ludogorets - CSKA 1948 Sofia Predictions and Tips | BULGARIAN CUP
Unibet Predictions:: Red Star - GOAL FC Predictions and Tips | NATIONAL
Unibet Predictions:: Galatasaray - Antalyaspor Predictions and Tips | SUPER LIG