Best Betting Tips ⚽ Venezia 1-3 Atalanta Predictions | SERIE A
Venezia – Atalanta Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, April 23, 2022.
Kick-off: 14:00 (GMT+1)
ITALY: SERIE A – ROUND 34
EVENT: Venezia – Atalanta
TIPS: Away Win | Odds: 1.52@1xbet | Result: 1:3 WIN!!!
Venezia – Atalanta PREVIEW
- Venezia slipped six points adrift of Serie A (SA) safety after losing to European hopefuls Fiorentina last time out, but coach Paolo Zanetti remains positive, as he claimed they “still believe in salvation”. Their game in hand is the main source of hope, but a lone goal scored across their last five outings – which sit within a seven-game losing run – promises little.
- While pre-match odds are stacked against Venezia, the arrival of eighth-placed Atalanta doesn’t necessarily have to mean trouble for the hosts, as their only two top-flight victories here have come against current top-seven sides. However, a joint league-high ten home league defeats, with six producing a 2+ goal margin, suggests critical danger.
- It has not been the season Atalanta hoped for, as a UEFA Europa League quarter-final exit was followed by a third consecutive SA defeat, which has put a significant dent to their hopes of making a quickfire return to Europe. Afterwards, coach Gian Piero Gasperini admitted Atalanta are in freefall, and stated that they must focus on ending the season with dignity.
- There was a time in the first half of the season when Atalanta were the best away team in the league, but a return of three defeats in their last seven competitive trips (W3, D1) has changed that. Yet, Atalanta have also won eight of their ten SA away matches against sides that are currently below them in table (D1, L1), which can only boost confidence.
- Players to watch: Thomas Henry remains Venezia’s only scorer across their last five matches, and each of his last 16 club goalscoring outings have witnessed both teams finding the net. As for the visitors, Luis Muriel has five contributions (G4, A1) across his last ten appearances, with his last two goals arriving on the road.
- Hot stat: Four of Venezia’s five match-opening SA home goals have arrived inside the first 15 minutes.