Best Betting Tips ⚽ Tottenham 0-1 Chelsea Predictions | EFL Cup
Tottenham – Chelsea Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, January 12, 2022.
Kick-off: 20:45 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: EFL Cup – Semi-finals
EVENT: Tottenham – Chelsea
TIPS:Under 3.5 Goals | Odds: 1.34@1xbet | Result: 0:1 WIN!!!
Tottenham – Chelsea Preview
- After a nightmare first-leg at Stamford Bridge a week ago (2-0), Tottenham Hotspur have it all to do in this Carabao Cup semi-final second-leg clash with London rivals Chelsea. It’d be a spectacular turnaround if they were to book themselves into the showpiece event at Wembley given that across the history of this competition, only Aston Villa in 1993/94 have reached the final after losing the first-leg by more than a single goal!
- Spurs may have failed to score across the last two competitive home H2H clashes (L2), but having netted 2+ goals in four straight competitive home matches overall, the hosts might be confident of producing an almighty turnaround. That’s particularly so if the game is still in the balance heading into the latter stages, as their three late goals against Morecambe on Sunday in the FA Cup made it a fourth competitive home game in six in which they’d scored at least once beyond the 70th minute.
- Visiting Chelsea should be more than confident of seeing this one through. Beyond their two-goal lead, they also boast a formidable record of progressing from each of their last 13 two-legged ties when leading from the first leg. They’ve also shut out the North Londoners in each of their previous four competitive meetings (W3, D1).
- Whilst all of this should give Thomas Tuchel’s men a huge psychological edge, it’s worth noting that Chelsea have only won one of their last five League Cup away visits to Tottenham (D2, L2 – 90 minutes only), therefore they shouldn’t be too cocksure in their approach for this semi-final second-leg.
- Players to watch: Spurs’ Harry Kane scored his last home goal against Chelsea in the semi-final of this competition back in 2019 (W 1-0), whilst Chelsea’s Kai Havertz has scored two first-half goals across his last two League Cup appearances.
- Hot stat: Chelsea boss Tuchel boasts a 100% record against Spurs (W5) – his side have scored 11 goals across those encounters whilst conceding only once in response.