Best Betting Tips ⚽ Strasbourg 3-0 Metz Predictions | Ligue 1
Strasbourg – Metz Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, September 17.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 6
EVENT: Strasbourg – Metz
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.36@1xbet | Result: 3:0 WIN!!!
Strasbourg – Metz Preview
- Three defeats across their opening five matches (W1, D1) represents a far from ideal start to the new Ligue 1 (L1) season for Strasbourg who start the gameweek occupying the same position in which they finished the last campaign (15th). They’ve conceded 11 goals across that run this term, which equals the highest number of goals they’ve let in at this stage of a L1 season since 2001!
- They’ll be eager to kickstart their campaign here, although there’s not much confidence to be gained from their recent home form with just one win secured across their last eight home L1 matches (D2, L5). That win did at least come in their most recent home league encounter, and another victory here would avoid the hosts going five home games without a L1 win vs Metz (D3, L1) – something that’s not happened since 1946.
- The visitors are one of the few L1 sides with a worse record than their hosts (D3, L2) so far this season, and are actually without a win in eight L1 games (D4, L4) – their worst run in the top flight since December 2019 (nine). Their biggest and most obvious problem is an inability to defend competently with just one clean sheet secured across their last 22 league matches.
- They’ve conceded more goals after HT this season (60%) than before, which is a point made worse by the fact that their attack tends to fall asleep in this half, leading to a rather miserable second-half aggregate score across the season so far (GF:1, GA:6).
- Players to watch: Adrien Thomasson loves this fixture and has scored four of Strasbourg’s last five goals against Metz in L1. Whilst Metz’s joint-top scorer from last season, Ibrahima Niane, netted in his side’s last away L1 fixture.
- Hot stat: Strasbourg have trailed for 260 L1 minutes this season, longer than any other team.