Best Betting Tips ⚽ Strasbourg 0-2 Angers Predictions | Ligue 1
Strasbourg – Angers Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, August 8.
Kick-off: 14:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 1
EVENT: Strasbourg – Angers
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.41@1xbet | Result: 0:2 WIN!!!
Strasbourg – Angers Preview
- Still aiming for a first top-half finish in Ligue 1 (L1) since 2000, Strasbourg ended last season just two points above the relegation play-offs. As a potential key to better fortunes, new coach Julien Stéphan’s first task will be to end his team’s long winless run in L1 home H2Hs, with Strasbourg’s last victory in such a match dating back to 1980/81!
- Indeed, the hosts need to improve their home performances overall, as a return of only four victories at Stade de la Meinau in 2020/21 marked Le Racing’s worst such tally since 2005/06, when they registered just two. Moreover, the hosts ended the last L1 season with four losses in their final five home outings (D1, L4), conceding first in three of those defeats.
- Ahead of their seventh consecutive top-flight campaign, Angers boast a proud record, having finished last season as one of only three L1 teams unbeaten when scoring first (W10, D3). Despite that, Stéphane Moulin left as Angers coach after ten years at the helm, and it will be his successor, Gérard Baticle, who will have to work on Angers’ defence which conceded an average of 1.53 goals per L1 game last season.
- A strong start could help get Baticle’s tenure off to a good start, and with 16 of Angers’ 19 away league matches in 2020/21 witnessing the same result at HT as FT, he’ll hope his new side will show intention from the off. If the last two seasons are anything to go by, then that could be the case – Angers have led at HT and won in their previous two L1 season openers.
- Players to watch: Strasbourg’s top league scorer of 2020/21 was Ludovic Ajorque (16 goals) – he netted four of his first six L1 goals beyond the 60th minute. By contrast, Angers’ Stéphane Bahoken scored five of his six L1 goals in 2020/21 within the opening hour of play.
- Hot stat: Strasbourg have won just one of their ten L1 season openers played this century (W1, D5, L4).