Best Betting Tips ⚽ Southampton 4-1 Brentford Predictions | Premier League
Southampton – Brentford Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, January 11, 2022.
Kick-off: 20:45 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Premier League – Round 18
EVENT: Southampton – Brentford
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.31@1xbet | Result: 4:1 WIN!!!
Southampton – Brentford Preview
- Southampton may be the beneficiaries from the initial postponement of this fixture, as they come into this clash in better form compared to when it was originally scheduled. Boxing Day saw the ‘Saints’ record their only Premier League (PL) win following the November international break (W1, D4, L3), but they are currently unbeaten in three league outings.
- Only the top-three sides and Southampton have lost one or no PL home games this term, though their league-high return of six draws here is something to improve upon (W3, D6, L1). Alarmingly though, five of those six draws came after a Southampton lead, which has contributed to their solid yet frustrating full-time record (W2, D5) after leading at some stage in home PL games.
- Still exceeding expectations as PL debutants, Brentford come into this clash after winning back-to-back competitive games for the first time since September. The visitors could provisionally move into the top half with a win, and might relish this game against a fellow bottom-half side after winning their last two clashes against such opposition.
- However, the ‘Bees’ are without a PL away win in five attempts (D3, L2) despite scoring an average of 1.2 goals per game during that time. Their first trip south of London last term could bring back happy memories though, as they triumphed 2-0 in the EFL Cup at St Mary’s last season, and are unbeaten in four H2Hs in Southampton (W2, D2).
- Players to watch: After opening the scoring with a first-time shot in his last league match, Southampton’s James Ward-Prowse ended a run of 11 PL goals from penalties or free kicks. As for Brentford, Bryan Mbeumo recently announced his return from injury in style with a first career hat-trick, stealing the show in their FA Cup win over Port Vale at the weekend.
- Hot stat: No PL side has scored as many game-winning goals in the final ten minutes as Brentford (three).