Best Betting Tips ⚽ Sheffield Utd 6-2 Peterborough Predictions | Championship
Sheffield Utd – Peterborough Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, September 11.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 6
EVENT: Sheffield Utd – Peterborough
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33@1xbet | Result: 6:2 WIN!!!
Sheffield Utd – Peterborough Preview
- Although it’s early days in this Championship season, Sheffield United must start picking up results sooner rather than later as their torrid Premier League form seems to have followed them into this campaign (D2, L3), leaving the most pessimistic of fans to draw similarities with the double-dropping Sunderland side between 2017-2019.
- For a team which has averaged a league-high possession share so far (62.5%), it is rather worrying that the blunt strike force of the ‘Blades’ have scored a league-low one goal. This juxtaposition of stats is highlighted further by the fact that only opponents Peterborough United have attempted a fewer average number of shots on target than Sheffield United, so this clash looks unlikely to be one to tell the grandchildren about.
- Having made an expectedly slow start to life back in the Championship (W1, D1, L3), promoted Peterborough have surprisingly managed to score four goals despite averaging a league-low 2.2 shots on target per match (W1, D1, L3). Although expected to struggle, ‘Posh’ manager Darren Ferguson hopes to end his own rotten five-game winless run vs Sheffield United here (D1, L4).
- These teams have battled it out sporadically since 1962, although this is the first season that they will share a league since the 2016/17 League One campaign when Peterborough lost both games 1-0. Whilst only one of the 16 previous H2Hs ended goalless, the first goal could go a long way given that at least one side failed to score in ten of those all-time meetings (W3, D2, L11).
- Players to watch: Sheffield United veteran Billy Sharp found the net in their only two competitive scoring games so far, he hit 23 league goals in their last Championship campaign. Meanwhile, Johnson Clarke-Harris’ brace of assists for Peterborough against Cardiff directly preceded a 219-minute scoreless run for the club.
- Hot stat: Despite their lowly position, Peterborough are the second-most fouled Championship side after round five (69).