Best Betting Tips ⚽ Salzburg 1-1 Bayern Munich Predictions | CHAMPIONS LEAGUE
Salzburg – Bayern Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, February 16, 2022.
Kick-off: 21:00 (GMT+1)
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE – PLAY OFFS – 1/8-FINALS
EVENT: Salzburg – Bayern
TIPS: Over 2.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33@1xbet | Result: 1:1 LOST
Salzburg – Bayern PREVIEW
- The UEFA Champions League (UCL) finally returns for knockout football with two national champions doing battle as Austrian top dogs Salzburg play host to nine-time consecutive Bundesliga victors, and one of the tournament favourites, Bayern Munich. Arriving on the back of three straight competitive victories and sat 14 points clear at the top of the Austrian top-flight, Salzburg will be full of confidence in what is their first-ever UCL knockout tie.
- Matthias Jaissle’s side perhaps couldn’t have drawn tougher opposition than Bayern given their H2H record (L2) and previous form against German outfits in European football (W1, D1, L4). Conceding three goals on average across those six outings, Salzburg’s backline will be greatly tested again here, but they’ll likely use a policy of ‘attack is the best form of defence’ after netting two or more goals in four of their previous five matches (W5).
- Visiting Bayern were stunned last weekend by midtable Bochum as they lost 4-2 on the road after conceding four first-half goals in the Bundesliga for the first time since 1975/76. Julian Nagelsmann’s side arguably save their best football for the UCL, and come into this clash with a 100% winning record from the group stage after netting 22 goals across six fixtures
- Progressing on all three previous occasions when facing Austrian sides in knockout European football, Bayern will smell blood again in this clash given their 21-game unbeaten run in UCL action at opposition grounds (W17, D4)! During that streak they netted an impressive 2.86 goals per outing, including a 6-2 away H2H victory during last season’s group stage.
- Players to watch: Salzburg’s rising star Karim Adeyemi has netted 18 goals across all competitions this season – including four in the UCL – of which 14 came after half-time. Meanwhile, Bayern’s Robert Lewandowski netted twice at the weekend, taking his tally to 37 strikes across 30 club matches this campaign. He also has three goals in two previous H2Hs.
- Hot stat: Eight of Bayern’s last nine UCL victories saw them lead at half-time.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Future FC - Al Ittihad Predictions | PREMIER LEAGUE
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Kabylie - Arba Predictions | LIGUE 1
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Tamworth Predictions | SOUTHERN LEAGUE CENTRAL DI...
Free Unibet Predictions ⚽ Omonia - Karmiotissa Predictions | FIRST DIVISION