Best Betting Tips ⚽ Reims 3-3 Montpellier Predictions | Ligue 1
Reims – Montpellier Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, August 15.
Kick-off: 14:00 (GMT+1)
FRANCE: Ligue 1 – Round 2
EVENT: Reims – Montpellier
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.37@1xbet | Result: 3:3 WIN!!!
Reims – Montpellier Preview
- Reims continued their trend of being a low-scoring yet defensively sound side thanks to a 0-0 away stalemate with new-look Nice on the opening weekend of the new Ligue 1 (L1) campaign. That result extended the hosts’ run to nine L1 outings without victory (D5, L4) – the worst run currently in the division – however, their recent H2H record against visitors Montpellier could point towards a change in fortunes here (W3, D1).
- Still thin in terms of squad depth after another quiet summer transfer window, injuries to attacking duo Arbër Zeneli and Anastasios Donis haven’t been ideal preparation for a difficult home opener here. Their absence may explain why Reims were the only L1 side not to register a shot on target in GW1 and confidence won’t be boosted any further by the fact that the ‘Red and Whites’ haven’t tasted victory in nine consecutive L1 home matches (D6, L3).
- Visiting Montpellier were on the wrong side of a five-goal thriller with Marseille on the opening weekend of L1 action. Despite racing into HT two goals to the good, Olivier Dall’Oglio’s men capitulated late on to suffer a confidence-shattering defeat. Their capture of former Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho then, perhaps couldn’t have come at a better time.
- Despite that opening day defeat, there’s still plenty of positivity when it comes to form on the road. That’s because the visitors have lost just three of their last 18 L1 away matches (W7, D8), although a lack of clean sheets is still a concern, keeping just two in their previous 27 top-flight clashes.
- Players to watch: Reims’ El Bilal Touré finally returned to training this week – the forward was the last player to score for the hosts. Montpellier captain Andy Delort could make his 200th L1 appearance here, he has five goals in his last eight top-flight starts.
- Hot stat: Fourteen of Montpellier’s last 16 competitive matches witnessed both teams hit the net.