Best Betting Tips ⚽ Real Sociedad 1-0 Espanyol Predictions | LALIGA
Real Sociedad – Espanyol Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, April 4, 2022.
Kick-off: 20:00 (GMT+1)
SPAIN: LALIGA – ROUND 30
EVENT: Real Sociedad – Espanyol
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.33@1xbet | Result: 1:0 LOST
Real Sociedad – Espanyol PREVIEW
- Real Sociedad kept their dream of a first Champions League berth since 2013/14 alive with a scoreless draw at second-placed Sevilla prior to the international window. That was their fourth clean sheet from their last five La Liga (LL) outings, which places them in good stead to avenge their 1-0 loss at Espanyol in November, which stands as their only LL defeat to any club in the bottom half of the standings (W11, D3, L1).
- The absence of star forward Mikel Oyarzabal was sorely felt last time out, as with just two shots on target to their name on a wet Seville day, the San Sebastian club completed a 23rd consecutive league match without more than two goals to their name. Their defensive unit epitomises consistency at home though and now boasts an impressive 11 clean sheets from 14 LL home outings, helping Sociedad to seven ‘wins to nil’ against bottom-half clubs going into the weekend.
- Espanyol’s safety is somewhat assured after a 1-0 win at home to Mallorca, but securing back-to-back LL wins for the first time since consecutive home fixtures in October 2021 appears difficult. They’re yet to win a LL match away from home this calendar year though (D2, L2), a winless drought that’s partly down to 13 consecutive LL trips without a clean sheet.
- The visitors have experienced some significant challenges that could thwart their aspirations of conquering Sociedad twice in one LL season for the first time since 2005/06. Not only did Raúl de Tomás and Diego López both train away from the group during the week due to fitness concerns, but a further four members of the starting XI from the previous H2H returned to Barcelona from international duty just days before this clash.
- Players to watch: Sociedad’s Alexander Isak has scored in three of his four career appearances against Espanyol, including twice as a substitute, whilst Javi Puado returns from suspension and opened the scoring in Espanyol’s last away fixture.
- Hot stat: Seven of Espanyol’s last eight LL fixtures have produced at least six total cards.
Related Unibet Predictions and Tips:
Unibet Predictions:: Brighton - Burnley Predictions and Tips | PREMIER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Sestao - Celta Vigo Predictions and Tips | COPA DEL REY
Unibet Predictions:: St. Gallen - Yverdon Predictions and Tips | SUPER LEAGUE
Unibet Predictions:: Kaiserslautern - Nurnberg Predictions and Tips | DFB POKAL