Best Betting Tips ⚽ Preston 3-1 Swansea Predictions | Championship
Preston – Swansea Predictions and Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, August 28.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 5
EVENT: Preston – Swansea
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.42@1xbet | Result: 3:1 WIN!!!
Preston – Swansea Preview
- Preston battled to a 1-0 win over Peterborough last matchday, finally getting their first points on the board (W1, L3) and bringing a sense of relief to the Deepdale faithful. That relief may not be totally warranted though, as Preston recorded the exact same results in their first four games of the 2010/11 Championship season – a campaign that saw the ‘Lilywhites’ relegated! If anything, that makes manager Frankie McAvoy’s attempt to secure a new forward before the end of the transfer window even more important.
- A new forward could only be a positive for a Preston side that was disappointing at Deepdale in 2020/21. They have, at least, started their two home games brightly this term, scoring their only goal in each before the 15th minute (W1, L1). Now matchday five brings a familiar foe in Swansea City, an opponent Preston have tussled with since 1925 (W21, D18, L26).
- It’s been a summer of change for 2020/21 play-off finalists Swansea, but new manager Russell Martin – and his Pep Guardiola-inspired managerial style – has had a shaky start to this Championship campaign (W1, D1, L2). His side already have six points less at this stage than last term, and ahead of matchday five, just one side has scored fewer goals.
- With Martin brought in to build on last season’s play-off appearance, any failure to collect points here may heap early pressure on the Championship’s youngest manager. There are positives though, after Swansea’s last two away games saw them secure a HT/FT win ‘to nil’.
- Players to watch: Preston’s Emil Riis scored a first-half brace during midweek, and netted a first-half opener at Deepdale on matchday one. Swansea’s Morgan Whittaker also starred in midweek, scoring a 11-minute hat-trick and staking his claim for a first 2021/22 league start here.
- Hot stat: The last goalless draw in this H2H came 90 years ago. Since then, 67.92% of the meetings have seen both teams score.