Best Betting Tips ⚽ Preston 0-1 Swansea Prediction | Championship
Soccer Betting Tips For Today
Free Daily Soccer Betting Tips for Today, September 12.
Kick-off: 15:00 (GMT+1)
ENGLAND: Championship – Round 1
EVENT: Preston – Swansea
TIPS: Over 1.5 Goals | Odds: 1.43@1xbet | Result: 0:1 LOST
Prediction and Preview
- Preston North End thumped Mansfield 4-0 in the EFL Cup and now Alex Neil’s men will look to better the 1-0 defeat they recorded on the Championship’s opening day last season. However Neil has seen his Preston side go winless in their last four H2Hs with Swansea City (D2, L2) even though the ‘Lilywhites’ have scored first for two H2Hs running.
- Whilst the hosts kept a clean sheet in their last two competitive games at Deepdale (W2), they managed just three clean sheets from 23 league matches here last season conceding an average of 1.26 goals per game. Unsurprisingly, both teams scored in 65.22% of Preston’s home league matches last season, and this match could follow suit like the last three H2Hs held here.
- A surprise 2-0 loss in Swansea’s EFL Cup match might spur the visitors on from a 3-1 loss on the closing day of last season. Still, the ‘Swans’ are unbeaten in their last six league openers (including Premier League) and have won their previous two Championship openers 2-1.
- Despite losing their last two away matches on the trot by a two-goal margin, Swansea have actually scored two or more goals in 66.66% of their last nine Championship away matches. However an unfortunate but important addition to note is that the Welsh outfit also saw both teams score in 65.22% of their 23 awaydays last Championship season too.
- Players to watch: Preston’s Daniel Johnson scored 12 league goals last season and has netted two penalties from his last three H2Hs.
- Whilst Swansea’s André Ayew has only scored an opening day goal once in his career, his 16 league goals last season helped the ‘Swans’ reach the playoffs.
- Hot stat: Each of these teams’ last two opening day matches ended with a one-goal margin.
|Head-to-head matches: PRESTON – SWANSEA|
|01.02.20||CHA||Preston||Swansea||1 : 1|
|17.08.19||CHA||Swansea||Preston||3 : 2|
|12.01.19||CHA||Preston||Swansea||1 : 1|
|11.08.18||CHA||Swansea||Preston||1 : 0|
|02.04.11||CHA||Preston||Swansea||2 : 1|